McKesson Product Manager, Pharmacy Claims Network in Atlanta, Georgia
RelayHealth Pharmacy Solutions (RHPS), a McKesson connectivity business, manages the nation’s largest pharmacy network, providing essential healthcare connectivity between more than 50,000 U.S. retail pharmacies and key healthcare stakeholders including physicians, health plans, pharmacy benefit managers (PBMs), government agencies and pharmaceutical manufacturers. Processing more than 17 billion healthcare transactions annually we play a key role in helping all healthcare providers streamline operational efficiency, improve medication accessibility and adherence and deliver value-added, cost effective clinical services that improve patient health and outcomes.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career - http://www.mckesson.com/about-mckesson/our-company/businesses/relayhealth/
McKesson's RelayHealth Pharmacy division has an opening for a Product Manager in our Atlanta, GA North Druid Hills office supporting our Intelligent Pharmacy Network and Pre & Post Edit solutions.
The Product Manager will be responsible for the entire product lifecycle and P&L for RelayHealth Core Network Solutions and Platform Editing technologies. The lifecycle includes ideation, business requirements, concept testing, pricing, development, managing Beta and Pilot tests, developing value propositions and customer presentations, go-to-market strategies, sales and channel education and marketing plans. The Product Manager will collaborate with personnel throughout the business, including contributors from business development, product and project management, development, quality assurance, customer support, sales, marketing, finance, strategic partners and customers. The Product Manager will evaluate the appropriateness of enhancements to core solutions or development of new product lines.
Responsible for retention of pharmacy market share, ensuring core network solutions meet customer needs, and oversight of platform technologies which support additional RelayHealth’s product portfolios. Develops business plans and product positioning in the marketplace. Oversees market research, monitors competitive activity regarding core solutions function and value, pricing, image, and other competitive measurements. Interacts with sales, account executives, business partners, and customers to understand customer needs and how RelayHealth can best satisfy those needs. Establishes pricing strategies and acts as subject matter expert in support of Sales. Develops plans for coordination with development, sales, marketing, support, and other internal teams for successful implementation of new offerings or to enhance existing products. The Product Manager is responsible for the success of the products.
• Manages product P&L.
• Ensures platform technologies support breadth of RelayHealth solutions.
• Bring solutions to market the enable RelayHealth to retain leading market share.
• Works with business development and other product managers on new product concepts.
• Manages product concept validation, launch planning and provides post launch product support.
• Oversees appropriateness of custom development requests from customers and drives successful deployment of enhancements.
• Works with business analyst to create functional requirements and to assist with requirements management throughout the project life cycle.
• Works with project manager on project activities, issues resolution, etc.
• Provides pre-sale support by way of presentations, value propositions, competitive analysis and positioning, for RelayHealth Sales Team.
• Works with product marketing to create product presentations, marketing programs and other product related communications.
• Assists with vendor / partner relationships.
• Ability to understand both the ‘big picture’ and the ‘details’ when needed.
8 years of experience in product management
• Product Management experience
• Pharmacy experience is required including experience with pharmacy workflow, systems, and processes.
• Strong competency in NCPDP Telecommunication Standard required. NCPDP Membership is highly preferred.
Additional Knowledge & Skills
• Strong project management skills including managing project timelines to completion.
• Understanding of various industry constituents representing pharmacy locations.
• Familiarity with pharmacy third party claims and managed care.
• Demonstrated ability to develop solution value propositions; design presentations that clearly articulate the solution value proposition and/or ROI.
• Ability to influence internal customers, external customers and business leaders.
• Excellent verbal and written communications; excellent presentation skills to large groups.
• Able to define market positioning of products/services and set pricing strategy, in order to gain customer acceptance, meet market share objectives, and sustain long term profitability.
• Demonstrated ability to provide competitive analysis and market insight.
• Ability to visualize and/or contribute to the presentation of an idea or project (from concept and design to presentation).
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills – ability to understand impacts of simple to moderately complex concepts.
• Ability to effectively multi-task in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
• Excellent MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) Skills.
• Ability to foster effective working relationships with peers within and across organizational lines.
• Strong understanding of various business areas of companies (such as IT, legal, sales, marketing, service) and how each area contributes to the effective management of new initiatives.
• Ability to quickly adapt and adjust to change.
• Results rather than task orientation.
MBA preferred in Marketing, Business or related field or equivalent experience
General Office Demands
25% overnight travel
Benefits & Company Statement
We believe you should be rewarded for the important work you do. For that reason, you'll receive a competitive compensation and benefits package when you join our team.
It starts with you. That's a simple sentence but it says a lot. It reminds each one of us that what we do matters. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission - whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. By connecting and improving the business of healthcare, we're helping to ensure that millions of patients get the treatment they need. And by choosing a career with McKesson Pharmacy Systems & Automation, you'll join a team of passionate people working together to improve lives and advance healthcare.
At McKesson, we believe we can empower healthcare. And it all starts with you.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer - minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Organization: McKesson Rx Tech Solutions
Title: Product Manager, Pharmacy Claims Network
Requisition ID: 18001168