McKesson Software Engineer, .NET, C# in Atlanta, Georgia
RelayHealth Pharmacy Solutions (RHPS), a McKesson connectivity business, manages the nation’s largest pharmacy network, providing essential healthcare connectivity between more than 50,000 U.S. retail pharmacies and key healthcare stakeholders including physicians, health plans, pharmacy benefit managers (PBMs), government agencies and pharmaceutical manufacturers. Processing more than 17 billion healthcare transactions annually we play a key role in helping all healthcare providers streamline operational efficiency, improve medication accessibility and adherence and deliver value-added, cost effective clinical services that improve patient health and outcomes.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
McKesson's Relay Pharmacy division has an opening for a Software Engineer in our Atlanta, GA North Druid Hills office. This is a C#, .NET applications development role in a Microsoft environment. This is an office based position working in a team environment.
• Analyzes, designs, codes, tests, configures and modifies software projects and/or products or enhancements using various programming language, technologies
and development methodologies
• Designs, develops, tests, debugs and implements application, software and/or operating system components, software tools, and utilities; conducts performance
• Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to increase efficiency
• Creates systems software engineering policies, standards and procedures
• Completes technical documentation for multiple functions, including but not limited to testing, QA, training, and/or procedures for installation and maintenance
• May interface with internal and external clients to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications
• Frequently required to work in a team setting (virtual and in‐person) in order to achieve work goals/objectives
• May participate in code refactoring efforts
• Complies with corporate open source policies
4 years experience in software engineering
3 years experience with .NET and C#
3 years Software Engineering in a Microsoft Development environment to include TFS and Microsoft Visual Studio
Experience working in a structured SDLC environment and team environment
Must have familiarity with database querying. SQL Server experience is preferred
Additional Knowledge & Skills
Visual Studio Team Services experience is highly preferred
Agile or Hybrid Agile experience preferred
Good communication skills required
4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
General Office Demands
Benefits & Company Statement
We believe you should be rewarded for the important work you do. For that reason, you'll receive a competitive compensation and benefits package when you join our team.
It starts with you. That's a simple sentence but it says a lot. It reminds each one of us that what we do matters. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission - whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. By connecting and improving the business of healthcare, we're helping to ensure that millions of patients get the treatment they need. And by choosing a career with McKesson Pharmacy Systems & Automation, you'll join a team of passionate people working together to improve lives and advance healthcare.
At McKesson, we believe we can empower healthcare. And it all starts with you.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer - minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Job Family Title: Software Engineer (Appls) 3
Organization: McKesson Rx Tech Solutions
Title: Software Engineer, .NET, C#
Requisition ID: 18005669