McKesson Sr. Software Engineer - Unix/Linux/Java/SQL/Oracle in Atlanta, Georgia
RelayHealth Pharmacy Solutions (RHPS), a McKesson connectivity business, manages the nation’s largest pharmacy network, providing essential healthcare connectivity between more than 50,000 U.S. retail pharmacies and key healthcare stakeholders including physicians, health plans, pharmacy benefit managers (PBMs), government agencies and pharmaceutical manufacturers. Processing more than 17 billion healthcare transactions annually we play a key role in helping all healthcare providers streamline operational efficiency, improve medication accessibility and adherence and deliver value-added, cost effective clinical services that improve patient health and outcomes.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career - http://www.mckesson.com/about-mckesson/our-company/businesses/relayhealth/
McKesson's Relay Pharmacy division has an opening in our Atlanta, GA North Druid Hills office for a Software Engineer.
The Software Engineer will be responsible for enhancing and maintaining internal applications integrated with operational and financial systems. This role will allow the individual to utilize and grow their analytical and leadership skills as they interact with internal stakeholders and to think outside the box in developing creative solutions as well as being a resource for colleagues.
Design, develop, test and deploy backend software applications.
Integrate application with database.
Troubleshoot, debug and fix software coding and operational issues.
Improve operations by conducting systems analysis, recommending changes in policies and procedures, and identifying enhancements.
Leverage technical expertise to mentor and lead team members by performing code reviews and providing guidance to ensure adherence to coding standards and best practices.
Interface with various stakeholders across multiple departments understanding their requirements, and developing and/or enhancing existing solutions to meet their needs.
Create, present and refine technical design and deployment documentation.
Document new and existing application requirements and designs.
Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
4 years experience in software engineering
• Must have at least 4 years’ experience within Linux or UNIX system/development with Java and related technologies
• Must have experience working through the design, development, and delivery of software products/services
• Strong experience with SQL development (Oracle)
• Develop robust applications with a concentration on performance, supportability and maintainability
• Must demonstrate excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and good interpersonal skills
• Self-motivated, team player, action-and-results oriented with excellent attention to critical details
• The candidate must be flexible and able to quickly learn different technologies including legacy languages as well as lead a modernization effort
Additional Knowledge & Skills
• Knowledge of legacy languages such as COBOL, VB, etc. is a plus
• HP Nonstop (Tandem) experience is a plus
• Financial background working with billing, payment, pricing and other areas of financial processes
• Knowledge and implementation of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) controls
• Have an entrepreneurial spirit and not afraid to challenge and "think outside of the box"
4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
General Office Demands
Benefits & Company Statement
We believe you should be rewarded for the important work you do. For that reason, you'll receive a competitive compensation and benefits package when you join our team.
It starts with you. That's a simple sentence but it says a lot. It reminds each one of us that what we do matters. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission - whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. By connecting and improving the business of healthcare, we're helping to ensure that millions of patients get the treatment they need. And by choosing a career with McKesson Pharmacy Systems & Automation, you'll join a team of passionate people working together to improve lives and advance healthcare.
At McKesson, we believe we can empower healthcare. And it all starts with you.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer - minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Organization: McKesson Rx Tech Solutions
Title: Sr. Software Engineer - Unix/Linux/Java/SQL/Oracle
Requisition ID: 18004453