McKesson Maintenance Technician Days in Chino, California
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. McKesson Medical-Surgical provides medical-surgical supplies and equipment to physicians' offices, home care agencies, long-term care facilities and surgery centers. Our catalog includes more than 150,000 national brand products from bandages to exam tables, plus McKesson's own line of high-quality medical-surgical products. We're proud to be the only national distributor serving the entire continuum of healthcare.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Medical-Surgical you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
Current Need: Maintenance Technician Days: 5:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Successful candidate will be well-rounded in industrial electrical skills, repair experience and knowledge of a broad range of complex facility systems. This position requires excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to perform complex technical tasks as well as leading and training team members.
• Maintenance, modification, trouble shooting, and repair of a wide variety of challenging electronic and electro-mechanical systems in a distribution center environment.
• Provide electrical support for all facility systems and equipment including but not limited to conveyors, Printers, Strappers, Compressors and other automated technologies.
• Demonstrate skills in all phases of facility maintenance including electrical troubleshooting.
• Self starter in new system and equipment learning and training.
• Proven ability to lead and train other facilities assistants.
• Communicate with and maintain effective relationships with vendors.
2 years facilities engineering experience
REQUIREMENTS (Specific knowledge, skills, education and abilities):
• Experience with troubleshooting control systems ranging from relay logic to microprocessor based controls.
• Knowledge of the NEC and light electrical construction experience is desired.
• Proven ability to read and understand electrical schematics is required.
• Excellent understanding of the electrical and mechanical systems including power feeders, transformers, generators, switchgear, AC/DC drives, PLC’s, UPS systems, compressors, strappers air handling units and CRAC units.
• Experience with and ability to train others on LOTO and OSHA regulations.
• Windows XP/Windows 7 and work order experience is preferred.
• Experience with CMMS program such as Maintenance Connection
• Associate’s degree, trade school certification, or other verifiable training in a relevant technical field preferred.
• At least 2 years in mechanical/HVAC, electrical, or a combination of both preferred.
• Proven ability to communicate intelligently and effectively with contractors who perform maintenance or upgrade work on facility systems.
• Proven ability to learn quickly and address issues as they arise during normal working hours or when on call.
• Applicants must have flexibility with work hours and days, to include holidays and short notice call in.
• Proven ability to lead, communicate and motivate team members under normal as well as during times of high pressure due to system failures.
• Proven ability to communicate effectively between facilities team, vendors, operations and IT.
Additional Knowledge & Skills
Detailed knowledge of facilities engineering; Oral communication skills, visual acuity, and manual dexterity
HS Diploma or Equivalent. May require certification in an electrical, welding, or mechanical field.
Ability to lift and carry 20 - 100 lbs
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
No agencies please.
Organization: McKesson Medical Surgical
Title: Maintenance Technician Days
Requisition ID: 18001101