McKesson Solution Architect, Finance in Irving, Texas
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payors, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting. We believe in the importance of strong, vital organizations because we know that patients can only be healthy when our system is healthy.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
Wherever you contribute here at McKesson, you will have the ability to make a real impact in the lives of others.
We are recruiting for a Solutions Architect –Finance to join our team. This is an exciting, hands-on role in our Los Colinas office. As a McKesson ETS knowledge leader for the Finance business processes and supporting SAP and related McKesson IT technologies, provide technical thought leadership in support of McKesson business objectives.
• Partner and advise the business to define optimal SAP-based solutions that effectively and efficiently enhance McKesson business processes, while raising business partner satisfaction
• Consult with McKesson development teams to define, design and execute solutions that meet business and technical service requirements
• Partner with application, architecture and cross-functional delivery teams to develop software service roadmaps, incorporating both current SAP and SAP partner capabilities to meet customer needs
• Leverage your consulting, business process and industry experience to better match McKesson technical offerings to emerging McKesson business problems and challenges
Serve as Solution Architect for Finance, where you will clearly demonstrate value as a business process and application expert responsible for designing IT solutions that deliver business competitive advantage and solve specific business challenges.
• Consult with customers to fully understand business scenarios with focus on understanding of changes to impacted business processes
• Support overall ERP design, technology strategies and roadmap.
• Partner with customer to develop business requirements and to explore available options to drive business value through agile delivery of technology solutions
• Provide estimation to customers on rough cost and timeline to realize solution
• Develop technical solution design based upon business requirements and customer direction, in alignment with established technical standards
• Ensure solution designs support corporate IT strategy and direction, established technical standards, and industry best practices
• Effectively support Application and Infrastructure delivery teams to build high quality solution to ensure actual solution remains aligned with business and technical requirements.
• Be part of Agile Delivery Team and in that role, engage early and on-going with customers to clearly understand business opportunity or problem
• Look for opportunities to leverage existing service capabilities to meet business needs • Promote opportunities to align related requests into integrated solutions
• Capture and document clear business-centric requirements/features/user stories and align on business requirements and user acceptance criteria.Develop strong working relationship with Account Management and key customer stakeholders with a focus on building trust in Solution Management in particular and McKesson IT in general
• Support continual service improvement, achieve service value improvement performance targets and demonstrate a commitment for continuous process improvement: support the identification of process improvement opportunities; be able to incorporate new technology capabilities that may support process improvements
• Develop and mature successful partnerships with key McKesson IT counterparts to facilitate collaborative, integrated approach to solutions and strategic planning and focus of driving alignment
• Promote knowledge of key McKesson business models and supporting technical solutions within McKesson IT
• Mentor and teach others on SAP Finance technology and solution design; actively work with team members to build technical skills and business process knowledge
• Promote customer orientation
• Promote creative problem solving and challenging of status quo
8 years experience in software engineering and/or software architecture.
• 10 years in a similar solutions-based consultation-type role, e.g., architect, strategist, consultant, designer in an SAP implementation environment.
• Demonstrated prior experience effectively collaborating with customers and cross-functional teams to deliver superior business outcomes
• Expert-level knowledge of SAP Finance and Controlling modules, e.g. AR, AP, GL, CCA, PCA, CO-PA, PS, IM, AM, and BPC, including solid configuration or hands on development knowledge
• Experience with multiple project lifecycle implementations, and demonstrated knowledge of best practices for Finance implementations at large, global, multi-national companies
• Successful prior demonstration of productive business partner and supplier interactions and relationships
• Ability to work in a team environment, analyze issues, and synthesize feedback from all levels within the business and technical environments
• Ability to manage multiple priorities in a complex business and technical environment
Ability to quickly adapt to changes and have agile mindset with focus on business value delivery.
• Proven ability to learn and ramp up knowledge in new processes and new technologies.
Additional Knowledge & Skills
• Strong understanding of one or more core applications notably SAP SD, MM (Fulfillment / Logistics), FSCM, BPC, Hyperion, Getpaid, ImageNow, Salesforce.com, or SAP CRM.
• Expertise or background in other related Finance process areas such as Invoicing, Revenue Recognition (SAP ECC), Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets.
• 6 years of experience with EDW, BW, BOBJ, or related reporting tools
• Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment – e.g. ability to assess a specific business scenario and develop an appropriate technical approach to support the desired business outcomes
• Expert experience in understanding and documenting customer requirements and to refine to user stories and acceptance criteria.
• Project management experience and skills within a Scrum/ Agile framework.
• Knowledge of best practices in data architecture and management
• Business case development experience
• Demonstrated leadership capability, including team lead or management roles
• Excellent relationship management skills demonstrating mature confidence and integrity; Proven track record building and maintaining productive customer relationships
• Solid strategic thinking with results orientation
• Superior collaboration and communication (oral and written) skills, as well as excellent level influencing skills
• Demonstrated business process knowledge including experience in business process modeling, improvement and change impact analysis, e.g. Six Sigma or BPML.
4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience.
General Office Demands
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
No agencies please.
Organization: McKesson Corporate
Title: Solution Architect, Finance
Requisition ID: 18001962