McKesson Enterprise Data Warehouse Sr. Architect (Med Surge) in Jacksonville, Florida
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Specialty Health, our products and services span the full continuum of specialty patient care. From the initial phases of a product life cycle and the distribution of specialty drugs, to fully integrated healthcare technology systems, practice management support, and ultimately to patient care in the communities where they live, we empower the community patient care delivery system by helping community practices advance the science, technology and quality of care.
We have a vision —that the long-term vibrancy of community care will be achieved through the leadership of physicians committed to clinical excellence and innovation, enabled by close collaboration with our organization and our deep clinical, operational and technological expertise.Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Specialty Health you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
The BI/EDW Architect is responsible for the overall architecture, design, and development of the Data Warehouse and Dart Mart Life Cycle from business requirements to development of logical design, translation to physical design, ETL code development and testing using standard ETL tools, design and development of Business Intelligence analytics/reporting framework and solutions. You must be able to collaborate with varying levels of technical understanding, and be a thought leader and change agent who is able to adapt in a very fast paced, ever-changing environment.
• Translate business requirements into Data Warehouse, ETL, and BI technical design while coordinating with ETL and BI developers, DBAs, system administrators, and project managers in automating and maintaining the Data Warehouse, ETL, work flows, jobs, batch scripts, and BI applications.
• Provide strategic guidance and support to maintain the Data Warehouse physical infrastructure; its configuration, performance, and storage requirements.
• Assist with ETL development, dashboard creation, report designing, and business requirement gathering.
• Develop reporting and analytical data models to meet the needs of the organization.
• Help with data quality research, data profiling activities, and user acceptance testing.
• Create design and development specifications including metadata documentation.
• Establish, communicate, and apply best-practice methodologies and paradigms in Data Warehousing, ETL, BI design, and development to meet project requirements.
• Support enterprise data management/architecture strategies, guiding principles, processes, policies, and standards
8 years experience in software engineering and/or software architecture.
• Experience in database design providing conceptual, logical, and physical data models including the development of entity-relationship diagrams.
• Strong working knowledge of relational data marts using star schema design.
• Advanced understanding and experience working with enterprise ETL tools.
• Excellent problem solving, interpersonal communication, and project management skills a must.
• Proficient in translating complex business requirements into technical specifications.
• Provide technical and strategic recommendations in addition to BI/EDW best practice methodologies and procedures.
• Ability to establish operational guidelines, design architectural frameworks, and develop implementation strategies agnostic of technical platform.
Additional Knowledge & Skills
• Knowledge of and experience in the Healthcare industry a plus.
• Must be highly organized and detail-oriented with respect to documentation.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication competency.
• Excellent critical thinking and diagnostic aptitude.
• High capacity to manage multiple priorities.
• Exhibit a strong sense of urgency and ownership for task/project completion.
• Business Objects and Oracle Business Intelligence is a plus
• Hadoop and/or Cloud computing experience is a plus.
• Experience working with team members to modify designs and models as necessary.
• Strong leadership skills that inspire team confidence and respect while motivating team members in a creative and effective manner.
• Must have experience in managing and working with distributed team members.
• Experience with the IBM Infosphere Suite specifically Datastage.
• Must have a desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction, process and product quality and reliability.
• Experience using Business Intelligence tools (Business Objects and Oracle Business Intelligence a plus).
4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience.
General Office Demands
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
Organization: McKesson Medical Surgical
Title: Enterprise Data Warehouse Sr. Architect (Med Surge)
Requisition ID: 18000505