McKesson PAP Specialist in Louisville, Kentucky
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Specialty Health, our products and services span the full continuum of specialty patient care. From the initial phases of a product life cycle and the distribution of specialty drugs, to fully integrated healthcare technology systems, practice management support, and ultimately to patient care in the communities where they live, we empower the community patient care delivery system by helping community practices advance the science, technology and quality of care.
We have a vision —that the long-term vibrancy of community care will be achieved through the leadership of physicians committed to clinical excellence and innovation, enabled by close collaboration with our organization and our deep clinical, operational and technological expertise.Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Specialty Health you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
Job Summary: The Patient Assistance Program (PAP) Specialist provides high quality customer service to patients, providers, pharmacy reps, and healthcare service companies for specialty prescription drugs. The PAP Specialist will facilitate and analyze patients without insurance coverage or high copay. In addition, the position provides product and service information in reference to product support, and answers general questions about the program and the products. Responsible for documenting required data elements into required fields in a prompt accurate manner based on program design and requirements. Works with internal departments at all levels to ensure smooth customer service operations and satisfactory resolution of customer requests.
· Enroll patients in patient assistance programs in an accurate and timely manner
· Facilitate drug shipments to the pharmacy
· Receive incoming calls from customers and satisfies requests. Enters patient and case information into software system, answers inquires, patient assistance requests, and provides callers with accurate, current information.
· Screen PAP applicants for any additional insurance coverage
· Maintain HIPPA privacy laws at all times
· Independently manage tickler on a daily basis to keep within program contract constraints
· Able to handle multiple calls within a phone queue
· Maintains referral information in program database
· Analyzes timelines for PAP renewals
· Maintains all patient confidentiality
Minimum (Required) Qualifications: (must be met in order to perform the job atthe required level)
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Knowledge of Medical Terminology
· Ability to express ideas clearly both written and oral communications
· Ability to enter data correctly
· Strong attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks well
· Strong computer skills required; preferably Microsoft Word or Excel software applications
· Data entry skills required
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedure manuals
· Ability to resolve problems independently
· Ability to speak effectively before groups/customers or employees of an organization
· Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
· Adaptable to changing priorities as needed
Preferred Qualifications: (if above and beyond the minimum required)
· Three plus years experience working in a customer service call center environment
Physical Demands: May sit, stand, stoop, bend and walk intermittently during the day. May sit or stand seven (7) to ten (10) hours per day. May be necessary to work extended hours as needed. Finger dexterity to operate office equipment required. May need to lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds on occasion. Visual acuity to see and read fine prints. Specific vision abilities required by this role include close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to hear normal voice sounds. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this role.
Work Environment: Work in a climate-controlled, smoke-free internal environment.
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
No agencies please.
Job: Customer Service
Organization: McKesson Specialty Health
Title: PAP Specialist
Requisition ID: 18006844