McKesson Business Intelligence Engineer Lead in Moon Township, Pennsylvania
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. Part of the overall McKesson, McKesson Pharmacy Technology & Services (MPTS) is a portfolio of four businesses that provides technology and services to retail, mail order, PBMs, hospital and health systems pharmacies. MPTS offers a wide array of solutions, including pharmacy workflow software, clinical programs, inventory optimization, government program optimization including 340B compliance, data analytics and services, and automation. MPTS is part of McKesson Corporation, recently ranked 5th on the FORTUNE 500, which touches over 65,000 pharmacies every day.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Pharmacy Systems you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. We understand the importance of a system that works together. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payers to pharmacies. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
McKesson's Pharmacy Systems division has an opening for a Business Intelligence Engineer Lead in our Moon Township, PA office.
The Lead Business Intelligence Engineer is responsible for strategy and implementation of business intelligence solutions including visualization, complex database tasks, and driving exchanges of critical information. The Lead Business Intelligence Engineer works in a collaborative team environment to provide direction, design, and develop tasks to better equip McKesson Pharmacy Technology & Services and our customer with critical metrics to improve processes and outcomes. This person must have a vision for building solutions from the ground up and will assist in driving strategies for delivering new business intelligence solutions.
The Lead Business Intelligence Engineer will be empowered to explore and develop new skills and expertise. They will have opportunities to participate in a variety of engagements, including exposure to business areas such as strategy, business development and cross-business unit collaboration.
• Drive full software development lifecycle for business intelligence solutions via visualization tools, analytics, or other innovative methods.
• Design, develop and deliver visualizations, dashboards and other business intelligence solutions for a variety of audiences including internal McKesson user and external users
• Build complex queries, stored procedures and other database assets to drive data solutions
• Develop systems for providing key metrics in very flexible formats to be consumed by other McKesson products and application
• Enable self-service analytics throughout the company through supporting the business with tools, education and data visualization expertise.
• Support governance of visualization tools by implementing standards, processes and business intelligence best practices.
• Lead the evaluation and proof of concept for new visualization and analysis technologies
• Support the monitoring and management of projects and initiatives including accountability for scope, risks, timelines, and communications.
• Participate in McKesson’s corporate-wide Analytics and Visualization initiatives and teams to help align our team with broader goals and push a culture of teamwork and best practices.
• Help set the vision and strategy for business intelligence solutions.
• Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions is a critical skill for the position
12 years experience in analytics or related field
• 5 years’ experience in database management systems such as SQL Server or Oracle
• 3 years of experience with Tableau, QlikView, PowerBI and similar visualization tools
• Ability to interface with both technical and business resources
• Ability to manage and prioritize many diverse technical tasks
• Self-directed with proven care for managing sensitive data assets who enjoys being challenged
Additional Knowledge & Skills
• Understanding of web services, RESTful APIs and other modern web architectures
• Must be comfortable and proficient working with large and/or complex databases
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Experience with Microsoft Azure a plus.
• Experience in .NET, Python, or similar programming and/or scripting languages a plus.
• Experience in the healthcare industry is a plus.
• Understanding of HIPAA and managing sensitive data assets a plus
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, Information Security or similar areas or job experience
General Office Demands
Benefits & Company Statement
We believe you should be rewarded for the important work you do. For that reason, you'll receive a competitive compensation and benefits package when you join our team.
It starts with you. That's a simple sentence but it says a lot. It reminds each one of us that what we do matters. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission - whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. By connecting and improving the business of healthcare, we're helping to ensure that millions of patients get the treatment they need. And by choosing a career with McKesson Pharmacy Systems & Automation, you'll join a team of passionate people working together to improve lives and advance healthcare.
At McKesson, we believe we can empower healthcare. And it all starts with you.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer - minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Job: Project Management
Organization: McKesson Rx Tech Solutions
Title: Business Intelligence Engineer Lead
Location: Pennsylvania-Moon Township
Requisition ID: 18003563