McKesson Dir of Business Process Improvement, Master Black Belt in Moon Township, Pennsylvania
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. Part of the overall McKesson, McKesson Pharmacy Technology & Services (MPTS) is a portfolio of four businesses that provides technology and services to retail, mail order, PBMs, hospital and health systems pharmacies. MPTS offers a wide array of solutions, including pharmacy workflow software, clinical programs, inventory optimization, government program optimization including 340B compliance, data analytics and services, and automation. MPTS is part of McKesson Corporation, recently ranked 5th on the FORTUNE 500, which touches over 65,000 pharmacies every day.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Pharmacy Systems you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. We understand the importance of a system that works together. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payers to pharmacies. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
McKesson has an opportunity for a Director of Business Process Improvement based in our Moon Township, PA office.
Reporting to the Sr. Director Business Quality & Process Improvement, the Director, Business Process Improvement will work with the business leaders within McKesson Pharmacy Technology Solutions (MPTS) to manage a team of Black Belts to drive strategic process improvement across the business to achieve significant financial, operational, customer satisfaction, and/or employee satisfaction impact. The objectives for the position will be to improve the ability of business units and functions to meet customer expectations, grow revenue and/or cash flow, reduce costs, and develop leaders.
The Director will act in the capacity of a ‘Master Black Belt’ to mentor and coach Black Belts and Green Belts while providing council to the leadership team of specific business units or corporate functions. The position will have the responsibility to manage and track the progress of process improvement projects to support company’s short and long-range business objectives, provide consultative services to senior executives and managers strategic project identification.
• Consult with MPTS management teams to establish and meet financial, operational, customer, and employee impact and leadership development goals
• Manage the Six Sigma P&L for their respective area, which includes expense management and validated financial benefit derived from project work
• Define and execute process improvement projects within the business
• Translate business strategies and imperatives into project opportunities
• Assist business unit and functional “Champions”, business owners and process owners to identify, scope, and financially justify projects that align with the business strategic plan.
• Manage the development of project charters and the project funnel
• Participate in Steering Committees as deemed needed (Six Sigma program, project specific, etc.)
• Manage teams of Managers – Six Sigma (Black Belts) that lead projects
• Mentor and coach Managers – Six Sigma and team members (Green Belts) in project work, making them understand and use Work-Out, Lean, and Six Sigma tools necessary for a successful and timely completion of their projects. Develop robust process control plans to ensure sustained improvements
• Provide necessary training in the use of Work-Out, Six Sigma, Lean, and other process improvement tools and methods
• Drive certification of Six Sigma Black Belts and Green Belts
• Actively support Managers – Six Sigma in their career development, strengthen their leadership skills and facilitate their repatriation back into the business
• Communicate to and influence stakeholders of all levels regarding the value proposition of process improvement
• Act as change agent to build adoption of a customer-centric quality culture throughout the organization and drive measurable business process improvements
• Drive culture change to instill focus on fact-based management practices, the use of Six Sigma and other problem solving methodologies
6 years experience, at least five of which is in project management or process improvement full-time.
• Six Sigma Black Belt Certification is required
• Minimum of 6 years of project management, management consulting, and/or process improvement experience with leading companies
• Proven track record of results from the application of process improvement methodologies and effective change management.
• Management experience
• Financial acumen: Ability to complete cost benefits analysis and ROI, and help Black Belts identify financial savings. Must be able to develop complex business cases;
• Ability to create and present effective business case presentations for review with senior leadership
• Strong project management skills
• Strong working knowledge of Six Sigma, Lean, Kaizen, and Workout tools, problem solving / root cause analysis and process management
• Experience as a trainer of the process improvement methodologies (DMAIC, Lean, Kaizen, and Workout – DFSS a plus) at the Black Belt and/or Green Belt level. Demonstrated ability to use adult training principles and explain technical material in a way that non-technical associates can understand
Additional Knowledge & Skills
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to motivate, influence and gain commitment at all levels of the organization
• Strong facilitation and oral/written communication skills.
• Experience in a health care services (distribution, technology, or services) environment preferred
• Proven track record of financial results from the application of process improvement methodologies and effective change management;
• Proven ability to facilitate and effectively train adult learners in continuous improvement methodologies; previous experience with training an asset
4-year degree in related field or equivalent experience. Graduate degree desirable.
• Six Sigma Black Belt certification required.
• Will obtain Master Black Belt certification if not already certified
• Project Management Institute (PMP) certification highly desirable
General Office Demands
Up to 25% travel
Benefits & Company Statement
We believe you should be rewarded for the important work you do. For that reason, you'll receive a competitive compensation and benefits package when you join our team.
It starts with you. That's a simple sentence but it says a lot. It reminds each one of us that what we do matters. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission - whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. By connecting and improving the business of healthcare, we're helping to ensure that millions of patients get the treatment they need. And by choosing a career with McKesson Pharmacy Systems & Automation, you'll join a team of passionate people working together to improve lives and advance healthcare.
At McKesson, we believe we can empower healthcare. And it all starts with you.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer - minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Job Family Title: Business Process Manager 3
Job: Project Management
Organization: McKesson Rx Tech Solutions
Title: Dir of Business Process Improvement, Master Black Belt
Location: Pennsylvania-Moon Township
Requisition ID: 18008778