McKesson Pharmacy Hardware & Integrations Product Manager in Moon Township, Pennsylvania
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. Part of the overall McKesson, McKesson Pharmacy Technology & Services (MPTS) is a portfolio of four businesses that provides technology and services to retail, mail order, PBMs, hospital and health systems pharmacies. MPTS offers a wide array of solutions, including pharmacy workflow software, clinical programs, inventory optimization, government program optimization including 340B compliance, data analytics and services, and automation. MPTS is part of McKesson Corporation, recently ranked 5th on the FORTUNE 500, which touches over 65,000 pharmacies every day.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Pharmacy Systems you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. We understand the importance of a system that works together. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payers to pharmacies. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
McKesson's Pharmacy Systems division has an opening for a Hardware Product Manager in our Moon Township, PA or Livonia, MI office. This position will require up to 25% travel.
The Hardware Product Manager will be responsible and accountable for the product management activities for all MPS Pharmacy Systems hardware systems and associated consumables. The selected candidate will support the day-to-day portfolio needs, and the execution of the product line strategies, in line with the strategic and tactical Marketing Plan, in order to meet the yearly revenue and profitability goals. The Hardware Product Manager will also be responsible for collecting voice of customer (VOC) feedback, generating product requirements, developing business cases, and leading Marketing efforts for key new product development projects. This position involves close interaction with R&D, product execution teams and key customers. Job duties include gathering requirements from existing and potential customers as well as recent evaluators, writing product requirements documents or Agile product backlogs, monitoring the implementation of each product project and managing the scrum team’s cadence with thoughtful leadership. Additionally, the candidate must have strong technical background in software and hardware as well as experience in self-managing projects in a project manager role or member of project teams.
Essential Job Duties
• Develop and expand portfolio opportunities in key market segments from ideation and requirements definition through commercialization
• Define product requirements (roadmaps, workflows) for introduction to development teams. Write product requirements and usage scenarios
• Develop and maintain a prioritized list of enhancements/features based on revenue impact/cost savings.
• Drive internal processes and external partners to expedite effective commercialization in targeted markets
• Monitor market and competitive trends to develop differentiated and sustainable product line strategies. Collect, analyze and summarize competitive information. Educate company on relative competitive advantages and weaknesses of competitive products.
• Interface effectively with all company departments to ensure support functions are aware of and serving partners’/customers’ needs
• Participate in Product Development meetings as needed and assist with commercialization activities for new products
• Develop, maintain, and deepen relationships with Software Product Leaders
• Manage product end of life and transitions.
• Ensure product and process follows corporate and department policies and procedures.
• 5 years leadership experience in product management, marketing, or engineering function
• 3 years of experience building management systems or IoT development and implementation in industrial or commercial applications.
• Has demonstrated project leadership including successfully defining and launching product innovation.
• Demonstrated ability in product marketing and/or product management role, must have managed a number of products.
• Maintains strong research and analytical skills and the ability to generate and test hypotheses. Possesses, applies and demonstrates a diverse and comprehensive knowledge and experience of customer service & logical problem resolution principles.
• Ability to multi-task, working proactively and independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Strong coordination/collaboration skills necessary to gather additional insights from internal teams, industry partners and market data providers on a regular basis.
• Customer service orientation with both internal and external customers.
• Strong knowledge with computer architectures.
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills is a must.
Additional Knowledge & Skills
• Experience with pharmacy, healthcare data sets strongly preferred.
• Ability to collaborate with various levels of management and employees.
• Ability to communicate effectively with customers to promote, answer questions, and receive feedback.
• Must have a positive presentation and a can do attitude.
• Solid experience working with senior management.
• Demonstrated ability to perform in a cross-functional team environment.
• Attention to detail, whilst maintaining a strong sense of summary and ability to synthesize.
• Ability to identify operational and strategic issues and proactively drive solutions.
• Demonstrated leadership and influencing skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering
General office demands
Ability to travel up to 25%
Benefits & Company Statement
We believe you should be rewarded for the important work you do. For that reason, you'll receive a competitive compensation and benefits package when you join our team.
It starts with you. That's a simple sentence but it says a lot. It reminds each one of us that what we do matters. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission - whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. By connecting and improving the business of healthcare, we're helping to ensure that millions of patients get the treatment they need. And by choosing a career with McKesson Pharmacy Systems & Automation, you'll join a team of passionate people working together to improve lives and advance healthcare.
At McKesson, we believe we can empower healthcare. And it all starts with you.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer - minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Job Family Title: Product Manager 3 Systems
Organization: McKesson Rx Tech Solutions
Title: Pharmacy Hardware & Integrations Product Manager
Location: Pennsylvania-Moon Township
Requisition ID: 18003428
Other Locations: United States-Michigan-Livonia