McKesson Technical Lead- Software Engineer (McKesson Rx Tech Solutions) in Moon Township, Pennsylvania
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Pharmacy Systems & Automation, our Pharmacy Management Systems offer customer solutions through three technology systems: EnterpriseRx, PharmacyRx and Pharmaserv. We automate, streamline and centralize systems that conveniently convert data into information and services that help to provide better care, better business and better results.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Pharmacy Systems & Automationyou act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. We understand the importance of a system that works together. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
McKesson Pharmacy Systems is seeking a high performing Technical Lead to join our EnterpriseRx research and development team located in Moon Township, PA. MPS offers an array of integrated pharmacy software solutions for the health care industry. Our systems are used to manage thousands of pharmacies nationwide within the independent, chain, and hospital market segments. At McKesson, our core values are the foundation of everything that we do. We strive for excellence and challenge each other to raise the bar. We offer an invigorating blend of challenge and opportunity in a fun, fast-paced, collaborative work environment while actively investing in your professional development. MPS is a sub-business unit of McKesson Corporation (NYSE: MCK), which is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
If you have a passion for engineering software and a track record for leading high performing technical teams, we are interested in you. We are seeking a technical leader that will inspire our teams to achieve fantastic results. As a contributor within the EnterpriseRx research and development (R&D) team, you will participate in and lead a collaborative and highly skilled Agile team responsible for EnterpriseRx, an enterprise class software solution that manages pharmacy workflow activities and increases revenue into pharmacies.
6 years experience in software engineering
• Expertise with Object-Oriented development (Java preferred)
• Extensive experience with relational databases (such as Oracle) and Structured Query Language (SQL)
Additional Knowledge & Skills
• Leading a diverse technical team to deliver high quality software that exceeds customer expectations
• Analyze business problems to design innovative solutions and/or implement complex code changes for specific requirements or applications
• Serve as a technical expert on multiple areas or more complex areas of the application/product
• Lead design discussions and serves as technical lead for development across one or more applications or functional areas within a product
• Perform code reviews and analysis
• Mentor less seasoned team members
• Assisting Customer Operations and customers with software issues
• Participating in technical design and code reviews
• Developing and executing unit tests
• Growing the core values based culture within the R&D organization
• Understanding the retail pharmacy and clinical services domain, and learning how customers use McKesson products to manage their business
• Communicating complex topics to a diverse audience, including business leaders and customers
• Championing continuous improvement and promoting software development best practices across teams.
• Energetic, passionate and creative technical leader who values people, relationships, and performance
• Positively contributes to building a great culture
• Experience working in a commercial software development team
• Experience with developing and designing software applications
• Know the 12 principles of the Agile Manifesto. Experience working in a software development team with those first. Scrum, Kanban, SAFe experience afterwards is a plus.
• Hunger for personal and professional growth; as an individual and as an organization
• Proven ability to drive activities to closure while pursuing excellence
• Respects, then questions the status quo looking for opportunities to continually improve
• Innovative mindset that seeks to exceed expectations
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• 0-25% travel
4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
General Office Demands
Benefits & Company Statement
We believe you should be rewarded for the important work you do. For that reason, you'll receive a competitive compensation and benefits package when you join our team.
It starts with you. That's a simple sentence but it says a lot. It reminds each one of us that what we do matters. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission - whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. By connecting and improving the business of healthcare, we're helping to ensure that millions of patients get the treatment they need. And by choosing a career with McKesson Pharmacy Systems & Automation, you'll join a team of passionate people working together to improve lives and advance healthcare.
At McKesson, we believe we can empower healthcare. And it all starts with you.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
Organization: McKesson Rx Tech Solutions
Title: Technical Lead- Software Engineer (McKesson Rx Tech Solutions)
Location: Pennsylvania-Moon Township
Requisition ID: 18004050