McKesson 3rd Shift AVG Technician in Olive Branch, Mississippi
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. It starts with the chain of events you initiate when you work with McKesson Pharmaceutical - a chain that extends across the country and results in millions of people getting more from their healthcare.
As the leader in pharmaceutical distribution and supply chain management, McKesson Pharmaceutical delivers vital branded and generic pharmaceuticals, as well as over-the-counter products, to more than 40,000 customers in three primary segments: retail chains, independent retail pharmacies and institutional providers such as hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks and long-term care providers.
We base our distribution excellence on electronic order processing, asset management tools, a commitment to Six Sigma methodology, order accuracy and supply chain safety. We work with our customers on solutions - including supply management technology, world-class marketing programs, managed care and repackaging products and services - that help them meet their business and quality goals. Our entire team works to ensure patients receive their medications efficiently and begin the process of healing.
As the nation’s largest pharmaceutical distributor, US Pharmaceutical is committed to driving total pharmacy health for customers and ensuring that customers receive the right drug at the right time, every time. This commitment is underpinned by McKesson’s focus on providing customers with the industry’s highest product availability, intelligent ordering capabilities and unmatched service accuracy.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
View a Realistic Job Preview at http://bcove.video/2z8ZRDb
Learn More About Working at McKesson at http://bit.ly/NRDC_OliveBranchMS
3rd Shift, Full-time
Sunday – 4:30PM to 1:30AMMonday – Thursday 10:00PM to 6:45AM
Supports facilities staff by performing maintenance duties such as furniture moving, maintenance and repair of office equipment, simple electrical projects, spot painting or cleaning, light construction or exterior clean-up. May work with outside contractors on facilities and equipment repairs. May be involved in other activities such as mail deliveries, paper recycling, inter-office transportation, and stocking of coffee areas. May be involved in ensuring regulatory complainces.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Ability to measure voltage and current accurately and safely and to use this data to troubleshoot and repair circuits.
• Trained to work with 460,220,120 VAC and 24 volt DC circuits.
• Knowledge and understanding of motor starting circuits and power distribution circuits.
• Ability to read electrical schematics and evaluate operations based on these schematics.
• Ability to read ladder logic, download and upload PLC programs, and troubleshoot PLC functions.
• Trouble shoot control circuits and devices as: photo eyes, solenoid valves, limit switches, indicating lights and safety switches.
• Align bearings, shafts, and drives. Perform PMs. Adjust tensions of belts and chains.
• Ability to identify worn or damaged parts and to replace them.
• Develop an overall maintenance schedule based on the requirements of each device. Lubricate, oil, and clean devices as specified in their maintenance manuals.
• Trouble shoot and repair pneumatic circuits involving cylinders and solenoid valves.
• General building maintenance.
• Trouble shoot and repair printers.
• Analyze cards and chips and replace if necessary.
• Troubleshoot network (Ethernet) systems.
• Troubleshoot cabling and I/O devices.
• Able to work with WIN XP/7 & Fortna / Beumer/JBT WCS Servers.
• Configure and troubleshoot IBM compatible computers.
• Able to work with Microsoft office (Word/Excel/Power Point).
• Manage and maintain spare parts inventory.
• Complete projects on schedule and on time.
• Ensure regulatory compliance.
• Perform safety and security checks
2 years facilities engineering experience
•Must have 1-2 years experience in distribution systems and or manufacturing.
•Must be able to work all shifts including nights and weekends.
•Must be self-motivated and work without direct supervision
•Able to be on call 24HRS.
•Demonstrated ability to participate as a member of a multi-functional team.
•Must have proven history of acceptable safety and attendance
Additional Knowledge & Skills
Detailed knowledge of facilities engineering; Oral communication skills, visual acuity, and manual dexterity
HS Diploma or Equivalent. May require certification in an electrical, welding, or mechanical field.
Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds on a regular basis (8 hour shift plus overtime if necessary); ability to lift and carry from 50 to 75 lbs for short distances
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
No agencies please.
Organization: McKesson Pharmaceutical
Title: 3rd Shift AVG Technician
Location: Mississippi-Olive Branch
Requisition ID: 18003870