McKesson Customer Care Representative (POS) with Pharmaceutical experience in Ontario, Canada
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Canada, we touch the lives of 12 million Canadians every day. We carry more than 35,000 products in 17 distribution centers and ultimately provide distribution to 6,300 retail pharmacies, 1,350 hospitals, long-term care centers, clinics and institutions all over Canada. But we're so much more than a distribution company. We've automated 2,500 retail pharmacies and dispense over 100 million doses a year through our automation solutions. Manufacturers, healthcare providers and patients count on us for a full range of services that contribute to the quality and safety of care for us all.
At McKesson Canada, you’ll help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
The Customer Care Representative is responsible for understanding, documenting and resolving customer issues related to installed McKesson hardware, networks and software.
• Troubleshoot and find resolution for product issues and questions relating to pharmacy processes and best practices.
• Thorough knowledge of pharmacy dispensary process.
• Provide 1st level system support for all systems used within customer pharmacies.
• Identify the level of product knowledge of the customer and adjust technical communications to solve customer's problem.
• Follow up with customers, IT teams, managers and vendors regarding outstanding incidents and defects to provide resolution and updates
• Escalate complex problems as necessary.
• Remotely connect to stores to perform maintenance and problem diagnosis/resolution.
• Provide solutions to problems and advice, regarding best practices.
• Providing input on what is important for pharmacies with regard to software needs.
• Maintain up to date knowledge of pharmacy and retail industry.
• Perform other duties as assigned to support McKesson Pharmacy Technology Solutions (PTS).
• Employ a high level of interpersonal and communication skills to defuse customer frustration and move toward a solution.
• Deliver quality resolutions in a timely manner by interpreting customer problems, researching available resources, and applying solutions in accordance with established guidelines and procedures.
• Achieve and maintain required performance standards - Including but not limited to; call quality, customer satisfaction and call resolution.
• Adhere to shift schedules and maintain acceptable attendance. Provide shift or off-hours pager support, when necessary.
• Search and retrieve data from various databases.
• Log all incoming calls and accurately create summery and action notes in call tracking / incident management application.
• Participate in training activities to maintain technical currency, and to broaden product knowledge.
• 2-3 year College diploma in a relevant discipline; focus in Computer Technician preferred.
• Demonstrated customer service experience.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Ability to analyze, interpret and address customer needs.
• Knowledge of computer operating systems and networking hardware components, including but not limited to one or more of the following; Windows 7, Windows10.
• Ability to be flexible and quickly adapt to changing business needs and processes.
• Ability to employ professionalism, patience and self-control in handling upset customers.
• Ability to type 200WPM.
• Ability to work in a time critical environment.
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
No agencies please.
The material contained herein is provided for informational purpose only. All open jobs offered by McKesson Canada on this recruitment system are subject to specific job skill requirements. The job skill requirements, qualifications, and preferred experience are determined by a subsidiary, office or department within the company which is offering the position, and all positions are subject to local prevailing employment laws and restrictions. This would include immigration laws pertaining to work authorization requirements and any other applicable government permissions or compliance.
The materials on this site are provided without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties regarding the completeness of information contained on this site or in any referenced links. While McKesson Canada attempts to update this site on a timely basis, the information is effective only as of the time and date of posting.
By providing your application to McKesson Canada you hereby consent to McKesson Canada obtaining personal information regarding you that is related to the position applied for. You also consent to McKesson Canada transferring your application details to our recruitment partners for their review and assistance. You also consent to McKesson Canada keeping your application on file.
McKesson Canada is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
The information on this site is for information purpose only and is not intended to be relied upon with legal consequence.
Job: Customer Care
Organization: McKesson Canada
Title: Customer Care Representative (POS) with Pharmaceutical experience
Requisition ID: 18007917