McKesson Field Service Technician/Location: Ottawa or Gatineau in Ontario, Canada
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Canada, we touch the lives of 12 million Canadians every day. We carry more than 35,000 products in 17 distribution centers and ultimately provide distribution to 6,300 retail pharmacies, 1,350 hospitals, long-term care centers, clinics and institutions all over Canada. But we're so much more than a distribution company. We've automated 2,500 retail pharmacies and dispense over 100 million doses a year through our automation solutions. Manufacturers, healthcare providers and patients count on us for a full range of services that contribute to the quality and safety of care for us all.
At McKesson Canada, you’ll help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
A FST (Field Service Technician) is responsible to install, set up, maintain, troubleshoot and perform repair to client systems and equipment (hardware and software). Such work may be on or off site and may involve co-ordination and co-operation with other support teams or third parties. These duties will commonly be performed within an assigned region but may be required anywhere in Canada and will include travel, after hours and weekend work requirements.
• Diligently and professionally execute installations, repairs, necessary changes and assigned tasks on equipment onsite at customer sites as required. This includes performing such work after hours as required on a rotating on-call basis.
• Provide remote phone support and training to customers, partner technicians, other team members or the call centre as required.
• Maintain and manage equipment and parts provided to you in a manner that ensures your ability to execute service requests in a timely manner.
• Ensure all work areas are kept clean, organized and safe at all times and act in a legal, safe and courteous manner while travelling to and from customer sites.
• Complete all administrative and reporting requirements.
• Occasionally bring packages to courier depots or directly to the airport in case of emergency or after courier pick-up times have elapsed.
• Participate in the set-up of commercial showcase events as required
• Foster a culture of excellence and customer-first service relationship
• Perform all the above duties in a manner consistent with McKesson and departmental policies and procedures.
• Act at all times in a manner consistent with McKesson ICARE principles.
• Excellent interpersonal customer service skills and ability to communicate effectively with individuals from varied backgrounds
• Relevant front line, field based technical customer service work experience a clear asset
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a time critical environment in an organized and effective manner
• Demonstrate a Customer First, team-oriented, positive attitude
• Must be autonomous; demonstrate initiative and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work independently in the field
• Capability to work with team members in various departments to achieve departmental goals and to resolve internal and external customer issues in a timely manner
• Must have and keep a valid driving license
• Position requires frequent travel within a region and occasionally anywhere within Canada.
• Availability after hours and weekends for on call support and installations as required (frequent)
• Depending on location, home based job opportunity
• Must be physically able to move large boxes and equipment weighing up to 30Kg as well as perform installation work in cabinetry and elevated spaces as needed.
Addition(s): Business Unit Specific Requirements - APS
• Electronic, Robotics or Electro-mechanic college degree.
• Experience with pneumatic and robotics systems, troubleshooting and repair an asset.
• Experience with complex electronic control systems, troubleshooting and repair an asset.
• Experience in healthcare or pharmaceutical industry is an asset.
• Experience with Hospital Automation and healthcare automation is an asset
• Capacity to learn and understand the functions of McKesson APS equipment and apply learnings
• Employee will be using his own vehicle
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
No agencies please.
The material contained herein is provided for informational purpose only. All open jobs offered by McKesson Canada on this recruitment system are subject to specific job skill requirements. The job skill requirements, qualifications, and preferred experience are determined by a subsidiary, office or department within the company which is offering the position, and all positions are subject to local prevailing employment laws and restrictions. This would include immigration laws pertaining to work authorization requirements and any other applicable government permissions or compliance.
The materials on this site are provided without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties regarding the completeness of information contained on this site or in any referenced links. While McKesson Canada attempts to update this site on a timely basis, the information is effective only as of the time and date of posting.
By providing your application to McKesson Canada you hereby consent to McKesson Canada obtaining personal information regarding you that is related to the position applied for. You also consent to McKesson Canada transferring your application details to our recruitment partners for their review and assistance. You also consent to McKesson Canada keeping your application on file. McKesson Canada is an equal opportunity employer. The information on this site is for information purpose only and is not intended to be relied upon with legal consequence.
Job: Field Support
Organization: McKesson Canada
Title: Field Service Technician/Location: Ottawa or Gatineau
Requisition ID: 18003099