McKesson Financial Analyst in Ontario, Canada
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Canada, we touch the lives of 12 million Canadians every day. We carry more than 35,000 products in 17 distribution centers and ultimately provide distribution to 6,300 retail pharmacies, 1,350 hospitals, long-term care centers, clinics and institutions all over Canada. But we're so much more than a distribution company. We've automated 2,500 retail pharmacies and dispense over 100 million doses a year through our automation solutions. Manufacturers, healthcare providers and patients count on us for a full range of services that contribute to the quality and safety of care for us all.
At McKesson Canada, you’ll help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Reporting to the Manager, Finance, this position is responsible for providing analytical expertise for banner operations, with specific emphasis on large financial transactions for converting stores and ROFRs. The Financial Analyst will be responsible for developing and analyzing business initiatives and preparing the annual budget and monthly forecasts for multiple banners. This position is the key contributor for analyzing and recommending solutions through the preparation of pro-forma, business case and evaluating store profitability. In addition, this position will be expected to take on project leadership roles for other financial related business initiatives within the banners.
• Ensure business leaders are provided strong financial business cases for dealing with business initiatives including available-for-sale store pro-forma’s, BSA funds / ROFR’s, preparation of the annual budget and monthly forecasts and other special projects.
• Leading the activities related to financing requests; gather all required information, follow-up with the different stakeholders to ensure timelines are respected, validate assumptions on projected financial statements, analyze project viability and recommend appropriate deal structures to management.
• Provide financial perspective, based on solid understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles for ongoing business strategic projects and/or initiatives to commercial business partners and Finance management.
• Develop and generate business reports on key business metrics to measure the performance and success of any key initiatives; report on the results to the DT business leaders with recommendations for improved results.
• Maintain appropriate levels of communication with all levels of the organization and across the banner management segment, including potential buyers.
• Recommend appropriate solutions or alternatives when supporting management in ad hoc financial analyses.
• The Financial Analyst will be responsible for developing and analyzing business initiatives and preparing the annual budget and monthly forecasts.
• Develop build and maintain various detailed financial and planning models as well as financial profitability for stores.
• Perform other duties as assigned to support the organization.
• University degree in Business related discipline (e.g. Commerce, Finance/Accounting, and Analytics).
• Designation (e.g. CPA) obtained or in progress and/or MBA.
• Minimum 3-5 years relevant experience in a Financial Analyst role requiring strong knowledge of data analysis, business financing, and recommending financial business cases within Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
• Strong analytical background, comfortable with complex financial analysis and modeling, detail oriented.
• Proven financial expert that has gained the confidence of business leaders and financial leaders for making sound recommendations and business cases.
• Retail and/or Operations experience.
• Exceptional skills in MS Office specifically Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
• Ability to take initiative, multi-task, work in a fast-paced environment requires little to no supervision.
•SAP experience is an asset.
Supervision and Communications
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Internal Communication with business leaders/budget owners, local and head office Finance, the McKesson Formulary Team, IT and Business Analytics & Intelligence
External communication with store owners.
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
No agencies please.
The material contained herein is provided for informational purpose only. All open jobs offered by McKesson Canada on this recruitment system are subject to specific job skill requirements. The job skill requirements, qualifications, and preferred experience are determined by a subsidiary, office or department within the company which is offering the position, and all positions are subject to local prevailing employment laws and restrictions. This would include immigration laws pertaining to work authorization requirements and any other applicable government permissions or compliance.
The materials on this site are provided without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties regarding the completeness of information contained on this site or in any referenced links. While McKesson Canada attempts to update this site on a timely basis, the information is effective only as of the time and date of posting.
By providing your application to McKesson Canada you hereby consent to McKesson Canada obtaining personal information regarding you that is related to the position applied for. You also consent to McKesson Canada transferring your application details to our recruitment partners for their review and assistance. You also consent to McKesson Canada keeping your application on file.
McKesson Canada is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
The information on this site is for information purpose only and is not intended to be relied upon with legal consequence.
Job: Finance and Accounting
Organization: McKesson Canada
Title: Financial Analyst
Requisition ID: 18004593