McKesson Project Manager in Ontario, Canada
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Canada, we touch the lives of 12 million Canadians every day. We carry more than 35,000 products in 17 distribution centers and ultimately provide distribution to 6,300 retail pharmacies, 1,350 hospitals, long-term care centers, clinics and institutions all over Canada. But we're so much more than a distribution company. We've automated 2,500 retail pharmacies and dispense over 100 million doses a year through our automation solutions. Manufacturers, healthcare providers and patients count on us for a full range of services that contribute to the quality and safety of care for us all.
At McKesson Canada, you’ll help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
The Project Manager - Pharma Distribution PMO role is responsible for leading key initiatives identified by senior management to drive operational success and customer satisfaction. They are responsible for the planning, project management oversight, implementation coordination, control and evaluation of operational and business projects.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
a. Manage project scope and objectives.
b. Identify resource requirements & assist in the management of the resources assigned to the projects.
c. Manage schedules, control deadlines and address general project organizational needs.
d. Ensure proper project documentation and communication.
e. Manage and maintain quality standards.
f. Identify and mitigate risk.
g. Complete project auditing & evaluation.
• Responsible for the initiation, documentation, elaboration, prioritization, tracking and implementation of system, operational, business and sourcing process changes based on extensive internal and external research, business requirements gathering, impact assessments and industry best practices
• Responsible for preparing and developing project work breakdown structure and project master plan
• Responsible for assisting project members in determining and/or defining the specific business needs and objectives within the project
• Responsible for assisting project members in the successful planning, development and administration of specific project issues. This may require defining scope, estimating labour, technology and capital resources, scheduling resources and measuring and reporting performance
• Responsible for informing and assisting team members, company personnel and/or consulting personnel to promote the coordination and collaboration among project team members
• Responsible for all communications related to the project. This includes the development and determination of format, frequency, material and audience of communications and presentation to the organization
• Responsible for preparing comprehensive monthly/bi-monthly status reports in accordance with the project reporting needs
• Responsible for undertaking any special tasks requested by Senior Management as they relate to ongoing projects and preparation of future projects
• Responsible for project documentation and administration, including monitoring the direction of the project as well as how implementation of the project will occur. Will assist in monitoring the budget, project cost-benefit analysis, scheduling and resource allocation
• Ensuring clear and concise communication plans and procedures to our external retail customers, account managers and impacted business units as they relate to internal system or architectural changes/improvements.
• Pro-actively collaborate with multiple departments within McKesson Canada and with our targeted retail customer base to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our existing business relationships.
• Project management within a large complex organization setting.
• Risk planning and analysis.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or related discipline.
• Project Management Professional certification or Six Sigma certification is preferred;
• Ability to work well under pressure, in a team based environment.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office products including PowerPoint, Excel and MS Project; Visio.
• Strong ability to analyze situations and solve problems that satisfy multiple perspectives internal to the organization and external to the organization.
• Ability to engage people across all departments to work towards viable Customer and McKesson Canada solutions.
• Good understanding of McKesson Canada business processes (operations, business, sourcing and IT systems.
• Strong communication skills (verbal & written), bilingualism an asset.
Travel – up to 80% as required.
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
No agencies please.
The material contained herein is provided for informational purpose only. All open jobs offered by McKesson Canada on this recruitment system are subject to specific job skill requirements. The job skill requirements, qualifications, and preferred experience are determined by a subsidiary, office or department within the company which is offering the position, and all positions are subject to local prevailing employment laws and restrictions. This would include immigration laws pertaining to work authorization requirements and any other applicable government permissions or compliance.
The materials on this site are provided without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties regarding the completeness of information contained on this site or in any referenced links. While McKesson Canada attempts to update this site on a timely basis, the information is effective only as of the time and date of posting.
By providing your application to McKesson Canada you hereby consent to McKesson Canada obtaining personal information regarding you that is related to the position applied for. You also consent to McKesson Canada transferring your application details to our recruitment partners for their review and assistance. You also consent to McKesson Canada keeping your application on file. McKesson Canada is an equal opportunity employer. The information on this site is for information purpose only and is not intended to be relied upon with legal consequence.
Job: Distribution Operations
Organization: McKesson Canada
Title: Project Manager
Requisition ID: 18001524