McKesson Senior Data Analyst in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. Part of the overall McKesson, McKesson Pharmacy Technology & Services (MPTS) is a portfolio of four businesses that provides technology and services to retail, mail order, PBMs, hospital and health systems pharmacies. MPTS offers a wide array of solutions, including pharmacy workflow software, clinical programs, inventory optimization, government program optimization including 340B compliance, data analytics and services, and automation. MPTS is part of McKesson Corporation, recently ranked 5th on the FORTUNE 500, which touches over 65,000 pharmacies every day.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Pharmacy Systems you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. We understand the importance of a system that works together. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payers to pharmacies. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
McKesson's Pharmacy Technology division has an opening for a Senior Data Analyst in our Moon Township, PA office.
The Data Analyst is responsible for implementing and owning management tasks for hospital and retail pharmacy data sets. The Data Analyst works in a collaborative team environment to provide analysis, design, ETL and other database development tasks. The Data Analyst must also have a vision for proper data governance and will assist in developing strategies around improving data management with modern tools.
The Data Analyst will be empowered to explore and develop new skills and expertise. They will have opportunities to participate in a variety of engagements, including exposure to business areas such as strategy, business development and cross-business unit collaboration.
• Drives development of ETL code, metadata definitions and models, queries and reports, schedules, work processes and maintenance procedures.
• Basic data set analytics to support review of data quality, understanding of KPIs, and associations with other 3rd party data sets
• Task automation with a focus on limiting risk by limiting manual activities
• Develop a deep understanding of hospital data assets and leverage subject matter expertise to enhance data sets under management over time
• Prioritize development and enhancement requests
• Documentation of data elements, ETD design, and details on data exchanges with partners
• Manages automation of file processing as well as all ETL processes within a job workflow.
• Ensures data quality throughout entire ETL process.
• Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements for data transmission, storage, and data access including documentation, testing, and remediation. Builds expertise in HIPAA rules and in data set deidentification processes
• Collaborates with subject matter experts, department leaders and consultants to define and execute cross-functional data movements for all aspects of McKesson business.
4 years of experience in data analytics, ETL development, computer science or related field.
• 4 years’ experience in database management systems such as SQL Server or Oracle
• 2 years’ experience automating database tasks and related tools
• Must be comfortable and proficient working with large and/or complex databases
• Ability to interface with both technical and business resources
• Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
• Ability to manage and prioritize many diverse technical tasks
• Self-starter with proven care for managing sensitive data assets
Additional Knowledge & Skills
• Experience with Microsoft Azure a plus.
• Experience in the healthcare industry is a plus.
• Knowledge of HIPAA, deidentification or other health informatics areas a plus.
• Experience with Tableau a plus, to develop visualizations to support data set review
• Experience in .NET, Report writing, or other programming languages a plus.
4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
General Office Demands
Benefits & Company Statement
We believe you should be rewarded for the important work you do. For that reason, you'll receive a competitive compensation and benefits package when you join our team.
It starts with you. That's a simple sentence but it says a lot. It reminds each one of us that what we do matters. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission - whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. By connecting and improving the business of healthcare, we're helping to ensure that millions of patients get the treatment they need. And by choosing a career with McKesson Pharmacy Systems & Automation, you'll join a team of passionate people working together to improve lives and advance healthcare.
At McKesson, we believe we can empower healthcare. And it all starts with you.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer - minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Job Family Title: Software Engineer (Appls) 3
Organization: McKesson Rx Tech Solutions
Title: Senior Data Analyst
Requisition ID: 18001295