McKesson Category Advisor in Quebec, Canada
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Canada, we touch the lives of 12 million Canadians every day. We carry more than 35,000 products in 17 distribution centers and ultimately provide distribution to 6,300 retail pharmacies, 1,350 hospitals, long-term care centers, clinics and institutions all over Canada. But we're so much more than a distribution company. We've automated 2,500 retail pharmacies and dispense over 100 million doses a year through our automation solutions. Manufacturers, healthcare providers and patients count on us for a full range of services that contribute to the quality and safety of care for us all.
At McKesson Canada, you’ll help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Procurement Strategy, the Category Advisor is responsible for revenue generation, contract management and service agreement negotiations with key vendors (tier-2/tier-3) across relevant business. The incumbent plays a strategic role in attaining and surpassing team objectives, which include driving revenue and capitalizing on strategic opportunities in the market. The Category Advisor continuously identifies ways in seeking and implementing innovative methods for generating revenue and establishing collaborative relationships with suppliers by focusing on financial performance, organizational effectiveness, and overall supplier relationship management excellence.
• Identifies, pinpoints and negotiates Strategic Opportunity Buys (anticipated price increase, decrease, optimal vendor timing, etc.) with the collaboration of Buyer-Planners for return-on-capital evaluation and execution.
• Negotiates vendor cash discounts, terms and conditions, vendor conformity and other program charges so as to optimize revenue and EBITDA, while aligning with Buyer-Planners in Procurement Operations for customer service levels and inventory levels.
• Communicates specific strategy and key decisions to Buyer-Planners as required.
• Supports inventory balancing negotiations with tier-2/tier-3 vendors via legislative opportunities.
• Negotiates with vendors on Gap reports related to inventory pricing (Increase/Decrease).
• With the leadership of the Senior Manager, coordinates with Buyer-Planners and key stakeholders within Procurement Operations as required to ensure strong implementation, execution, and follow-up on all revenue generating opportunities, and to minimize/manage risks.
Supplier Relationship Management
• Leads strategic discussions and activities, including initial contact / meetings, strategic reviews, benchmarking, exchange of market information and best practices, etc.
• Acts as the primary business point of contact for suppliers, to establish, drive and support value-based relationships.
• Assesses supplier performance against established KPIs and prioritize vendor development efforts accordingly.
• Oversees the execution of wholesale Formulary programs and plans with Buyer-Planner roll out timeline, molecule transitions and exit strategies.
• Manages contracts over its lifecycle and be the point of contact for vendors on all contract-related matters.
• Leverages knowledge of manufacturer and portfolio to contribute to total team effort on contract management; subject matter expert at high level of detail for vendors on strategic matters (from market entry, growth, product maturity, and loss of exclusivity) across portfolio of products.
• Owns the content and planning of business reviews.
• Assists the Senior Manager in preparing strategic presentations, and champion new projects or programs.
• Assists the Senior Manager for sourcing initiatives for assuring quality product availability and optimized sourcing.
• Maintains relevant business knowledge of product categories and stays abreast of market and industry trends and conditions.
• Acts as a McKesson ambassador of corporate values.
• Minimum 5-10 years of experience in strategic negotiations, category management, supplier relationship management and strategic sourcing.
• Inventory management experience an asset.
• Wholesale and/or Retail and/or life sciences experience is an asset.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related discipline.
• MBA preferred.
Personal Development and Soft Skills
• Strong business acumen.
• Outstanding negotiating skills.
• Excellent partnering skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to collaborate with various levels of management and employees.
• Perfectly bilingual, both written and spoken.
• Extensive knowledge of MS Office products (Power Point, Excel, Word, Project and Visio).
• Knowledge of procurement process and project management.
• Understanding of inventory management.
Other Skills and Capabilities
• Solid experience working with senior management.
• Ability to work as part of multi-functional teams.
• Strong sense of summary and ability to synthesize, whilst being detail-oriented.
• Team player.
• Ability to identify operational and strategic issues and proactively drive solutions.
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
No agencies please.
The material contained herein is provided for informational purpose only. All open jobs offered by McKesson Canada on this recruitment system are subject to specific job skill requirements. The job skill requirements, qualifications, and preferred experience are determined by a subsidiary, office or department within the company which is offering the position, and all positions are subject to local prevailing employment laws and restrictions. This would include immigration laws pertaining to work authorization requirements and any other applicable government permissions or compliance.
The materials on this site are provided without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties regarding the completeness of information contained on this site or in any referenced links. While McKesson Canada attempts to update this site on a timely basis, the information is effective only as of the time and date of posting.
By providing your application to McKesson Canada you hereby consent to McKesson Canada obtaining personal information regarding you that is related to the position applied for. You also consent to McKesson Canada transferring your application details to our recruitment partners for their review and assistance. You also consent to McKesson Canada keeping your application on file. McKesson Canada is an equal opportunity employer. The information on this site is for information purpose only and is not intended to be relied upon with legal consequence.
Organization: McKesson Canada
Title: Category Advisor
Requisition ID: 18006770