McKesson Digital Marketing Manager in San Francisco, California
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Specialty Health, our products and services span the full continuum of specialty patient care. From the initial phases of a product life cycle and the distribution of specialty drugs, to fully integrated healthcare technology systems, practice management support, and ultimately to patient care in the communities where they live, we empower the community patient care delivery system by helping community practices advance the science, technology and quality of care.
We have a vision —that the long-term vibrancy of community care will be achieved through the leadership of physicians committed to clinical excellence and innovation, enabled by close collaboration with our organization and our deep clinical, operational and technological expertise.Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Specialty Health you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
The Digital Marketing Manager will lead web and support social media marketing efforts within the McKesson Specialty Health business unit. The role will provide oversight of content on our websites, execute and manage web projects, provide strategic guidance to leverage web and social platforms to build and run lead generation programs, and transition microsites and acquired company websites to a common, enterprise-wide platform. In addition, this role will be responsible for developing a digital marketing plan for the business unit, including aggregating all digital marketing activities currently taking place across the business, benchmarking those activities against the other McKesson businesses as well as external best practices, and preparing an annual plan to close gaps and maximize our digital marketing efforts.
• Collaborate with marketing leaders to understand segment and product priorities, and define the role digital marketing will play in achieving those goals
• Curate high quality digital content to maximize opportunities to engage, acquire and retain customers; educate prospects and customers on our products, services, and thought leadership platforms
• Provide hands-on management through all phases of web site redesigns, updates, sunsets, and migrations
• Optimize web content to generate leads and increase search rankings and site traffic
• Translate the needs of the marketing team into specific, actionable direction for the IT teams that support digital properties
• Generate insights and recommendations based on data to improve our digital presence and strategies
• Coordinate with Corporate Digital Marketing on business-unit content for Corporate blog and social media posts
• Manage vendors who support digital projects, such as creative agencies and web production firms
8 years communications experience
• Superior project management skills; execution-focused and able to drive complex projects to completion; detail-oriented with strong time management skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to forge highly collaborative cross-BU and cross-functional relationships with both peers and executive stakeholders
• Familiarity with digital tools, services and concepts, including SEO, content management systems, Google analytics, and user experience
• Strong writing skills
• Ability to take direction from more than one leader, work independently or as part of a team, and manage multiple project elements at the same time
Additional Knowledge & Skills
Thorough knowledge of communications; good written and verbal communications skills
Healthcare and B2B knowledge/experience preferred
4-year degree in journalism, communications, business or related field or equivalent experience.
General Office Demands
Occasional travel (less than 20%) required
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
Job: Public Affairs
Organization: McKesson Specialty Health
Title: Digital Marketing Manager
Location: California-San Francisco
Requisition ID: 18002059
Other Locations: United States-Arizona-Scottsdale, United States-Texas-Irving