McKesson Scrum Master, iKM/ Lynx (McKesson Specialty Health) in San Francisco, California
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Specialty Health, our products and services span the full continuum of specialty patient care. From the initial phases of a product life cycle and the distribution of specialty drugs, to fully integrated healthcare technology systems, practice management support, and ultimately to patient care in the communities where they live, we empower the community patient care delivery system by helping community practices advance the science, technology and quality of care.
We have a vision —that the long-term vibrancy of community care will be achieved through the leadership of physicians committed to clinical excellence and innovation, enabled by close collaboration with our organization and our deep clinical, operational and technological expertise.Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Specialty Health you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
Under the general supervision of the Sr Program Manager, the Scrum Master is responsible for all aspects of successful completion of project goals and objectives-- focusing predominantly on MSH’s web-based electronic medical records, iKnowMed and iKnowMed Generation 2 (collectively known as iKM) and inventory management system, LynxMobile. This includes sprint and release initiation, planning, execution and acceptance. The Scrum Master utilizes generally accepted Agile and SAFe practices and methodologies (as determined by the Portfolio Strategy and Operations team), working closely with cross-functional teams and all levels throughout the organization to accomplish the product goals and objectives. The Scrum Master ensures adherence to quality standards and assures project deliverables are met and will support product managers to bridge Implementation team requirements to functional teams. There may be an opportunity to work on customer segmentation, strategic initiative and financial planning initiatives. The Scrum Master must be flexible with the needs of the team and organization (whether that may be improving processes, or coming up with innovative ideas to keep teams evolving as a team).
· Guides and coaches the Scrum Teams on meeting sprint, release, and product goals; this includes any release and change management duties
· Guides and coaches the Scrum Team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values
· Communicates progress of the Scrum Teams to Program and Portfolio Management
· Proactively identifies how assigned Scrum Teams, broader iKM/Lynx team, and teams from other MSH Tech Suite products must align priorities and plans to ensure collectively smooth development and deployment process and drives appropriate actions
· Works collaboratively with another Scrum Master to continuously identify opportunities to optimize team processes and systems and define and drive the implementation of proposed improvements
· Other general program & project management duties (can include projects outside of the iKnowMed Generation 2 product)
4 years product applications support experience including 2 years managerial experience
· 5 years of playing Scrum Master role in enterprise, software development setting
· Detailed understanding of and experience with Agile project planning and management methodologies (e.g., Scrum, Scaled Agile, Kanban) and workflow process documentation and operational improvement.
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple teams and projects simultaneously and meet stated customer initiated deadlines through appropriate problem-solving, delegation, and decision-making
· Strong written and verbal communication and customer/stakeholder management skills
· Advanced skills with technology focused project management tools—e.g., Atlassian, Trello, etc.
· Enjoy working in a dynamic, extremely fast-paced environment with the opportunity to contribute to the development of the organization’s processes and procedures
Additional Knowledge & Skills
· Experience within the healthcare IT and/or healthcare field with knowledge of medical business process, operations and tools preferred
· 1-5 years experience in oncology, either working in private practice or in an academic a strong plus
· Basic knowledge of EHR technology and architecture a strong plus
· Strong computer or technical knowledge (SQL a plus, Windows, Databases)
· Proficient use of Microsoft Office products including PowerPoint, Excel and MS Project
4-year degree or related field or equivalent experience. B.S. or B.A. in Finance, Business, Technology, preferred.
General professional office environment.
10-20% Travel may be required
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
No agencies please.
Organization: McKesson Specialty Health
Title: Scrum Master, iKM/ Lynx (McKesson Specialty Health)
Location: California-San Francisco
Requisition ID: 18003779