McKesson Senior Program Manager, McKesson Technology in San Francisco, California
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Specialty Health, our products and services span the full continuum of specialty patient care. From the initial phases of a product life cycle and the distribution of specialty drugs, to fully integrated healthcare technology systems, practice management support, and ultimately to patient care in the communities where they live, we empower the community patient care delivery system by helping community practices advance the science, technology and quality of care.
We have a vision —that the long-term vibrancy of community care will be achieved through the leadership of physicians committed to clinical excellence and innovation, enabled by close collaboration with our organization and our deep clinical, operational and technological expertise.Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Specialty Health you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
The Senior Program Manager will be responsible for coordinating efforts to define and execute both client and backend facing initiatives across the Specialty Health Information and Technology Solutions (I&TS) Portfolio and implementing both medium to large size projects in support of the internal, technical teams. The Senior Program Manager will be able to work with minimal direction in a fast-paced, continuously evolving environment and assist the Portfolio Strategy and Operations to implement optimal planning, decision-making, and project execution processes across their respective initiatives and cross-functional teams. Duties may include, but are not limited to, assisting internal and external Clients and Portfolio Directors and Managers in defining, prioritizing, and managing cross-segment and cross-functional efforts across the I&TS Portfolio; developing appropriate staffing/funding proposals; removing obstacles to execution and advising on other risks; documenting, enforcing, and continually evolving optimal team /initiative policies and processes; tracking and managing respective initiatives’ budgets and spend; and planning and running meetings involving relevant Portfolio stakeholders.
BUSINESS STAKEHOLDER AND TEAM MANAGEMENT
· Collaborates with the Portfolio Strategy and Ops team to define and track the scope, budget, and timelines of key initiatives across the I&TS Portfolio
· Facilitates the identification, sizing, and prioritization of new project scope/deliverables within in-flight initiatives and negotiates trade-offs with business stakeholders so that they fit within the capacity of teams
· Works closely with technical teams and their embedded program and project managers to clarify program priorities/objectives and identify appropriately aligned deliverables and timelines per team
· Maintains program/initiative level Project Plans and tracking logs as appropriate, identifies inter-team dependencies and blockers/risks, and crafts recommendations for resolution or escalation
· Communicates updates to stakeholders directly involved with initiatives and those outside of them, collaborating with business partners, marketing, account management, as needed
· Helps define initiative/team specific policies and processes around use of shared accounts, tools, systems and serves as co-administrator
· Works with the Portfolio Strategy and Ops team to implement and continually improve optimal team systems and processes to support efficient information sharing, collaboration, and coordination within and outside of the I&TS Portfolio and Program Management team
· Supports—and, in some cases, project manages enterprise or other cross-functional level initiatives that directly or indirectly support the broader MSH Technology and Analytics Strategy and ensures that information is fed back to the I&TS team appropriately
· In partnership with Portfolio Strategy and Ops, plans the agenda/logistics of and supports cross-functional team and client meetings/forums –including content development and discussion facilitation
· Monitors department/team level budget against plan on a monthly basis and works with Portfolio Directors/Managers and Program Managers to conduct analysis if established thresholds are not met
· Assists Senior Director in identifying and solving for recurring budgetary variances, shortfalls and/or other opportunities to optimize department spend
5 years’ experience in project management, including 2 years managerial experience
· 3 years’ experience managing large-scale, cross-functional programs/projects with demonstrable outcomes
· Deep expertise in at least 1-2 sectors of the healthcare industry (provider, payer (MIPS, VBC), pharma, distribution, HIT, etc.)
· Detailed understanding and experience with process documentation and improvement; (Lean, Scrum, etc.)
· Intermediate financial and statistical analysis skills with experience in sizing of projects, business case development and P&L analysis.
· Advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite including MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Project and MS Visio.
Additional Knowledge & Skills
· Scaled Agile, Scrum, or Lean/Six Sigma certification and practical application experience preferred
· Prior experience working in biotech, genetics a strong plus
· Prior experience in software development a plus
· Familiarity with technology focused project management tools—e.g., JIRA, Trello, etc.—a plus
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
4-year degree in related field or equivalent experience
30% - 40% travel may be required
General professional office environment.
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
No agencies please.
Job: Project Management
Organization: McKesson Specialty Health
Title: Senior Program Manager, McKesson Technology
Location: California-San Francisco
Requisition ID: 18005651
Other Locations: United States-Texas-The Woodlands