McKesson Accountant in The Woodlands, Texas
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Specialty Health, our products and services span the full continuum of specialty patient care. From the initial phases of a product life cycle and the distribution of specialty drugs, to fully integrated healthcare technology systems, practice management support, and ultimately to patient care in the communities where they live, we empower the community patient care delivery system by helping community practices advance the science, technology and quality of care.
We have a vision —that the long-term vibrancy of community care will be achieved through the leadership of physicians committed to clinical excellence and innovation, enabled by close collaboration with our organization and our deep clinical, operational and technological expertise.Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Specialty Health you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
Prepare journal entries, maintain and reconcile ledger accounts. Provide record of assets, liabilities and other financial transactions. Balance books and prepare profit and loss income statements and balance sheet statements. Prepare federal, state, and local reports and tax returns.
• ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures
• make certain all financial reporting deadlines are met
• prepare financial management reports
• ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close processes
• establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures
• resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities
• oversee accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses
• summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports
• Communicate and maintain a good rapport with the field
• Responsible for ensuring that we are compliant with all policies and procedures for maximum Sox compliance.
5 years accounting experience
Critical Skills Requirements
• 3 – 5 years accounting experience
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
• Respect for confidentiality concerning company data and company records
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and employs effective listening skills
• Must be proficient PC skills, Microsoft Office applications
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Must be able to multi-task quickly and accurately
4-year degree in accounting or related field or equivalent experience
General Office Demands
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
No agencies please.
Job: Finance and Accounting
Organization: McKesson Specialty Health
Location: Texas-The Woodlands
Requisition ID: 18004101