McKesson Director Innovative Practice Services in The Woodlands, Texas
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Specialty Health, our products and services span the full continuum of specialty patient care. From the initial phases of a product life cycle and the distribution of specialty drugs, to fully integrated healthcare technology systems, practice management support, and ultimately to patient care in the communities where they live, we empower the community patient care delivery system by helping community practices advance the science, technology and quality of care.
We have a vision —that the long-term vibrancy of community care will be achieved through the leadership of physicians committed to clinical excellence and innovation, enabled by close collaboration with our organization and our deep clinical, operational and technological expertise.Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Specialty Health you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all. Empowering the delivery of excellent patient care in facilities close to their homes starts with you. Every person’s job at McKesson Specialty Health makes a difference in the lives of patients throughout the country.
The rising cost of cancer care is a concern throughout the healthcare industry. The US Oncology Network, supported by McKesson Specialty Health, is one of the nation's largest networks of physicians devoted exclusively to cancer treatment and research, and is a pioneer in community-based cancer care. Annually, this nation-wide network of approximately 10,000 physicians, clinicians and administrators delivers high-quality, integrated cancer care to more than 750,000 cancer patients in their own hometowns. With patient support, education, finely-tuned evidence-based pathways and access to the latest technologies and therapies, patients treated through practices affiliated with The US Oncology Network can feel confident in the care they receive.
Through our exceptional leadership team that supports our vision — that the long term vibrancy of community care will be achieved through the leadership of practices committed to clinical excellence and innovation – you can feel confident in our direction and your future.
Product Descriptions :
Innovative Practice Services (IPS): A stand alone value-added consulting service supporting practice improvements in end-to-end revenue cycle processes, billing and coding education and training, payer strategy and analytics and operational efficiencies. IPS is a paid consulting service generating customized scopes of work to meet practice customer needs and drive incremental financial improvements. The team is made-up of subject matter experts who manage project engagements and supply SOPs and tools/resources. One major goal is to drive customer retention or support the acquisition of new distribution business based on the value-added services that are available through IPS to McKesson distribution customers.
Position Summary :
Business lead for Innovative Practice Services (IPS) & TotalView products responsible for monitoring and analyzing sales and managing the overall IPS & TotalView product roadmaps. Key responsibilities include targeting and prioritizing market opportunities for reimbursement, payer and operational services into distinct services and products that can be sold and supported by the organization in a profitable manner. Additionally, owns the ongoing success, sales planning, product strategy, marketing and messaging, operational delivery and P&L of Innovative Practice Services (IPS) and the TotalView product.
Leads a team of sales executives, delivery manager(s), and product managers. Oversees subject matter experts to develop and implement product strategies, marketing initiatives, and sales support programs. Coordination between McKesson business units to identify areas for collaboration, generate internal awareness, and coordination of McKesson objectives. This position is responsible for leading IPS & TotalView by effectively determining key market opportunities and then developing and executing strategies. Identifies growth expectations, key success factors, program development, financial targets, and establishes budgets. Key drivers of success include generating market awareness of IPS services & TotalView capabilities, educating and leveraging the broader MSH sales team, optimizing the use of technology to automate and scale processes, defining the customer experience and developing a customer-focused account management process.
Responsible for directing the team activities of the corporate TotalView Provider Product, including accountability of success metrics, defining product goals, understanding competitive position in the market place and overseeing & guiding activities such as product development, reporting and coordinating the implementation process and standards for practices.
Key Responsibilities :
• P&L management, budgeting and forecasting for IPS including the year-over-year financial and operating goals.
• Plan, direct and coordinate all operations and delivery execution of IPS services and thought leadership.
• Lead high-performing teams including direct reports, external stakeholders and shared services, responsible for IPS’s execution of strategic plans
• Provide guidance, mentorship and development for direct reports.
• Manages IPS sales efforts from identification to counter signature.
• Coordinate with the broader McKesson Specialty Health sales and leadership teams to ensure alignment with broader McKesson Specialty Health sales goals.
• Responsible for managing opportunities, oversee sales pipeline, prioritizes and segments customer opportunities, provides sales support for all stakeholders and oversee/approve all scope of work generation and pricing proposals.
• Works with marketing specialist to lead IPS’ yearly marketing plans and supporting marketing initiatives, by leveraging dedicated marketing resources.
• Create thought leadership opportunities and content for publication and customer support.
SUBJECT MATTER EXPERTISE
• Act as an internal resource for stakeholders within the organization.
• Serve as an expert when delivering customer support and thought leadership.
• Assist other subject matter experts to explore opportunities and deliver on engagement components to ensure success delivery.
• Develop and execute an operational product roadmap and achievable business plan, including short- and long- term strategies.
• Identify customer and market needs over multiple years and create a support strategy and services that meet those need.
• Manage execution of business plan to ensure new customer growth and customer retention by building effective products and services that meet the customer and market needs.
Minimum Requirements :
• 8 years management experience including 5 years consulting experience
Critical Skills :
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Health Administration, Communications, or a related discipline required.
• Master’s Degree preferred.
• Six to Eight years of experience developing and/or managing healthcare related product management activities, healthcare consulting or high-level practice management experience is an alternative.
• Exposure to multiple facets of a medical practice’s financial management, management approaches, critical success factors, project management and execution through:
Minimum 5 years experience in oncology or multi-specialty practices, performing varied leadership and administrative task, including billing, payer relations, collections, personnel management AND/OR
Minimum 5 years experience delivering practice financial management related consulting services to specialty medical practices
• Knowledge of current healthcare trends, Medicare/Medicaid and commercial payer dealings, solid understanding of HCFA medical billing and collections and electronic claims (837 files) and electronic remittances (835 files).
• Understanding of how to breakdown a business workflow model into distinct processes to identify and improve operations.
• Must have demonstrated ability to communicate and sell complex service offerings and tools to a variety of practice stakeholders (including physicians and administrative staff).
• At least three (3) years supervisory experience coaching, managing and leading staff of professionals
Additional Knowledge & Skills :
• Masters in Business or Health Administration a plus
• Clinical or medical administrative credentials a plus
• Must have superior communication skills with the ability to express complex messages through written and verbal communications
• Time management and organizational skills to prioritize and execute tasks
• Strategic and creative mindset with problem-solving capabilities
MBA preferred in Business or related field or equivalent experience
Travel Requirements :
• Travel up to 60%
Physical Requirements :
• Remote employee or traditional office environment
• Travel up to 60% to customers practices, professional organization meetings, other McKesson office locations
General Office Demands :
• Large percent of time performing computer-based work
• Travel up to 60%
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
No agencies please.
Organization: McKesson Specialty Health
Title: Director Innovative Practice Services
Location: Texas-The Woodlands
Requisition ID: 18008043