McKesson Product Owner in The Woodlands, Texas
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Specialty Health, our products and services span the full continuum of specialty patient care. From the
initial phases of a product life cycle and the distribution of specialty drugs, to fully integrated healthcare technology systems, practice management support, and ultimately to patient care in the communities where they live, we empower the community patient care delivery system by helping community practices advance the science, technology and quality of care.
We have a vision — that the long-term vibrancy of community care will be achieved through the leadership of physicians committed to clinical excellence and innovation, enabled by close collaboration with our organization and our deep clinical, operational and technological expertise. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission — by joining McKesson Specialty Health you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
Responsible for managing many of the features in a patient portal for McKesson Specialty Health. Leads a project team that designs, develops and implements a mobile and web-based solution for practice and patient customers. Responsible for executing the strategic vision of the business. Supports and adheres to the McKesson Compliance Program, including the Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
• Serves as the Product Owner of a cross-functional scrum team to develop and maintain a patient portal site and mobile application. This includes authoring user stories, prioritizing tasks, defects, and user stories, ensuring user stories align to the product roadmap, and conducting product acceptance of the user stories upon completion.
• Ensures site and app are effective in navigation, design, and content structure. Responsible for building consensus on enhancements that meet established business objectives.
• Responsible for ensuring portal and app are meeting user access goals.
• Responsible for ensuring portal and app comply with MIPS and QPP regulatory guidelines and quality measures.
• Assist Product Management to specify market requirements for current and future offerings by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers. This includes leveraging the Pragmatic Marketing framework.
• Drives a solution set across development teams (primarily Design, Development/Engineering, and Marketing Communications) through market requirements, product contract, and positioning.
• Supports the development and implementation of company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute. This includes compiling release notes and conducting end-user training to support Product releases.
• Communicates strategy, policy, and federal/state/local regulation changes through user stories to the development team.
• Leads teams to establish deadlines and following-up on assignments in collaboration with a Scrum Master. Oversees meetings, and produces agendas and meeting notes.
• Uses technical and functional experience: Possesses up-to-date knowledge of the profession and industry; accesses and uses other expert resources when appropriate.
• Demonstrates adaptability: Handles day-to-day work challenges confidently; is willing and able to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change; shows resilience in the face of constraints, frustrations, or adversity; demonstrates flexibility.
• Uses sound judgment: Makes timely, cost effective and sound decisions; makes decisions under conditions of uncertainty.
• Shows work commitment: Sets high standards of performance; pursues aggressive goals and works efficiently to achieve them.
• Commits to quality: Emphasizes the need to deliver quality products and/or services; defines standards for quality and evaluated products, processes, and service against those standards; manages quality; improves efficiencies.
• Leads courageously: Steps forward to address difficult issues; puts self on the line to deal with important problems; takes ownership.
• Provides direction: Identifies goals and vision for team; guides individuals and teams toward priorities; coordinates resources to meet objectives.
• Negotiates effectively: Demonstrates ability to effectively facilitate parties toward a "win win" agreement; identifies key players; defines objectives, significant issues, and shared interests; determines motivational drivers and potential obstacles for all parties; communicates effectively; gains results without either party losing face.
4 years of experience in Product Management or Product Ownership
• 4 years of work experience in product management or related experience with cloud-based product offering
• Demonstrated ability to gather user requirements across diverse functional areas and convert them into user stories
• Demonstrated ability building and launching Mobile applications. This includes submittal, approval and launch in the Apple and Android app stores.
• Demonstrated ability working with technical teams to rapidly produce prototypes and iterations
• Demonstrated ability to launch software products
• Experience working in an Agile development process
• Desire to be in a very hands-on role as part of a small team. This position is more execution than strategy.
• Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate and drive results and accountability
• Proven track record of exceptional project and time management skills
• Clear, direct and thorough communication style
• Familiarity with Agile/Scrum process and tools (JIRA, Confluence)
• Bachelor’s degree required. MBA preferred in Marketing, Business or related field or equivalent experience
• Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) – Preferred
• Pragmatic Marketing Certified – Preferred
• General office environment
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
No agencies please.
Organization: McKesson Specialty Health
Title: Product Owner
Location: Texas-The Woodlands
Requisition ID: 18008218