McKesson Senior Manager Financial Planning & Analysis in The Woodlands, Texas
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Specialty Health, our products and services span the full continuum of specialty patient care. From the initial phases of a product life cycle and the distribution of specialty drugs, to fully integrated healthcare technology systems, practice management support, and ultimately to patient care in the communities where they live, we empower the community patient care delivery system by helping community practices advance the science, technology and quality of care.
We have a vision —that the long-term vibrancy of community care will be achieved through the leadership of physicians committed to clinical excellence and innovation, enabled by close collaboration with our organization and our deep clinical, operational and technological expertise.Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Specialty Health you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
This position will report to the Director, FP&A and is located in McKesson’s Woodlands, TX office.
This position will require a strong mix of finance/reporting, financial data analytics and project management skills. He/she will be responsible for delivering reporting and analytics to a variety of key business stakeholders, utilizing appropriate data to effectively create actionable spending plans. This role requires the ability to have a detailed understanding of the financials but also bring it up to a level that is friendly for an executive audience. This person should have a creative mindset and be able to bring new ideas to the table to continue to refine and drive more effective reporting across the CSA enterprise. This individual will require an ability to manage a variety of projects while collaborating with cross functional partners across the organization.
Executive presence is important as this individual may present to a variety of leaders. It will be important that this person be detailed enough to explain drivers, but able to consolidate the details into a clear story. They should be assertive, pro-active and self-driven.
• Develop, pressure test, and present financial reporting packages to key executive stakeholders
• Monitor enterprise and initiative level key performance indicators and proactively assess areas of over or under performance. Develop recommendations to drive performance
• Continue to refine current reporting and develop recommendations/drive implementation of new insightful reporting
• Continuously monitor and adjust financial forecast of business and clearly explain drivers behind forecast variances
• Other Ad hoc analysis in support of corporate finance initiatives or consolidated views.
5 years finance or accounting experience including 2 years managerial experience
• 5 years budgeting, forecasting, development of ROIs, Business Cases & Strategic planning
• Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data
• Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information for executive leadership
• Ability to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
• Ability to influence at all levels, as well as a demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team and be assertive in driving successful strategies
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with effective presentation skills
• Ability to think ahead and develop meaningful strategies with little oversight
• Proven ability to improve processes and develop team members
• Prior experience building financial models.
Additional Knowledge & Skills
Solid knowledge of finance policies, practices and systems
MBA preferred in finance or related field or equivalent experience
General Office Demands
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
Job Family Title: Finance Manager 3
Job: Finance and Accounting
Organization: McKesson Specialty Health
Title: Senior Manager Financial Planning & Analysis
Location: Texas-The Woodlands
Requisition ID: 18004651