McKesson Sales Executive, New Business, Supplylogix in United States
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. Supplylogix has quickly become the leading provider of intelligence solutions for pharmaceutical inventory management. Our solutions help clients achieve better pharmacy health by increasing supply chain efficiency and improving patient satisfaction.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. We understand the importance of a system that works together. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
McKesson's Supplylogix division has an opening for a New Business Sales Executive. This is at remote based position that covers a National territory for Health Systems Outpatient Pharmacies and requires 50% overnight travel.
Become part of a dynamic, professional, sales team that consults and completes new business sales of intelligence solutions for pharmaceutical inventory management. into out patient pharmacies and health systems. Through various lead sources, or data mining, develop a funnel of new business opportunities by calling on customers within the Out Patient pharmacies and health systems. Additional funnel opportunities come from collaboration with other McKesson representatives that call on the same customers (the One McKesson approach). Conducts opportunity assessment for all accounts and defines overall account strategy. Develops appropriate relationships with key decision makers / business owners. Where applicable, develops One McKesson account plan for customer. Leads the “discovery process” and selects the appropriate Supplylogix products for customer. Works with Legal to negotiate and navigate the contracting process. Manages customer satisfaction and proactively resolves customer issues that remain open from the sale. Understand pharmacy and healthcare market problems, and decision drivers as well as their current and future needs. Identifies new ways of creating value with customers. Develops knowledge about our market, competitors, product roadmaps, company strategy to successfully position the Supplylogix solutions in order to gain market share. Is able to articulate ROI of products and McKesson. Coordinates with other McKesson teams and Business Units as needed to round off the customer’s solution set (One McKesson). Understands and articulates technology components, software functionality and interfaces and is able to perform first line demonstrations of the software.
• Achieves annual goal in sales bookings in assigned territory
• Appropriately logs and forecasts all territory sales activities in SFDC as required
• Demonstrates appropriate level of knowledge regarding Supplylogix products, services and business partners.
• Ability to independently determine “best fit” for customer through discovery process.
• Answers questions concerning products or services in a timely manner. Refers deeper level questions as necessary.
• Leads contract negotiations with customer and works closely with Supplylogix Legal/Finance as appropriate.
• Accurately documents sales expenses and works within McKesson Travel and Expense policy.
• Interprets accounts, trends, and records to management and teammates
• Appropriately gathers market and competitive intelligence and shares internally
• Works in conjunction with other Business Units to maximize the McKesson value proposition to the customer
5 years new account sales experience
• 5 years of healthcare technical or consultative sales experience selling software or technology solutions, ideally to Health Systems or Outpatient Pharmacies.
• Experience with cold calling to generate new business
• Ability to develop and present cost benefit models to senior level pharmacy personnel / owners
Additional Knowledge & Skills
• Healthcare or Pharmacy sales experience is highly preferred.
• High level of oral and written communication skills
• Ability to successfully work remotely and independently
4-year degree in business or related field or equivalent experience
General Office Demands
Ability to travel up to 50%
Benefits & Company Statement
We believe you should be rewarded for the important work you do. For that reason, you'll receive a competitive compensation and benefits package when you join our team.
It starts with you. That's a simple sentence but it says a lot. It reminds each one of us that what we do matters. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission - whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. By connecting and improving the business of healthcare, we're helping to ensure that millions of patients get the treatment they need. And by choosing a career with McKesson Pharmacy Systems & Automation, you'll join a team of passionate people working together to improve lives and advance healthcare.
At McKesson, we believe we can empower healthcare. And it all starts with you.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer - minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Job: Sales/Client Management
Organization: McKesson Rx Tech Solutions
Title: Sales Executive, New Business, Supplylogix
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 18005565