McKesson Sr Manager of Account Management, Supplylogix in United States
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. Supplylogix has quickly become the leading provider of intelligence solutions for pharmaceutical inventory management. Our solutions help clients achieve better pharmacy health by increasing supply chain efficiency and improving patient satisfaction.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. We understand the importance of a system that works together. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
McKesson's Supplylogix division has an opening for a Sr. Manager of Account Management / Customer Experience. This position may be remote based and requires up to 30% overnight travel.
The Senior Manager of Supplylogix Customer Experience is responsible for the ongoing customer satisfaction and retention of the Supplylogix customer base of approximately 50 customers that support approximately 12,000 sites. This role will actively manage the solutions utilized in this customer base during implementation, post go-live, and will work collaboratively with peers and key departments to provide a high level of client support through effective management of operations, personnel development, issue resolution and adherence to sound business practices to ensure organizational goals are met.
The Senior Manager of Supplylogix Customer Experience will be responsible for a team of 10 FTEs, and the position will involve high-level internal and external interactions across all of McKesson. This position is responsible for the key departmental objectives outlined below:
Know the customer, and educate others about the customer, advocate on customers’ behalf to make sure their needs are understood and addressed appropriately. Work with the Vice President of Business Development and Account Management to identify opportunities for product innovation to feed the product development roadmap and formally communicate those to product management in an effort to drive action. This is critical in the retail and outpatient market segment as competitors pose a real threat to our existing customer base.
Monitor customers’ support activity in order to proactively get ahead of issues and help drive customer adoption, satisfaction, and loyalty.
Ensure customers are deriving value from Supplylogix solutions, working with the Strategic Account Management team that supports these customers to optimize use of functionality and introducing new functionality to them.
Establish routine communication with Customers, Implementation, Support, Product Management, Software Development, Third Party and Account Teams to develop and execute strategies to better meet customer expectations and to ensure collaboration & teamwork across departments.
Partner with leaders to establish and execute a strategy for customer satisfaction and retention for Supplylogix customers in the retail and outpatient market segment.
• This includes partnering with peers across the organization to identify the value that Supplylogix solutions provide enabling the Strategic Account Managers to articulate those to customers in the form of a business review.
• Partners with Sales for setting the sales strategy and model for penetrating the customer with additional products and services along with key customer contract renewals.
• Work with the Strategic Account Manager to identify, lead and/or coordinate across McKesson, when appropriate, One McKesson synergy opportunities or customer concern resolution.
• It also includes the development of SMART employee goals and KPIs to track progress and monitor results.
Develop high levels of client satisfaction by aligning the Supplylogix Strategic Account Management organization to provide customer-focused support emphasizing quality, responsiveness and functional expertise.
• Oversee the management of customers both during and after implementation, including contract adherence, financial obligations, system integration issues, communications and overall client satisfaction.
• Promote and optimize client product ownership.
• Proactively identify and address support situations that could jeopardize client satisfaction by applying equitable and consistent problem solving techniques.
• Ensure that project deliverables are controlled & monitored to ensure that financial, product & resource contract commitments are met.
• Participate in key customer interactions leading to key retention and new business development; anticipate and successfully address at-risk customers.
Provide the departmental leadership and direction necessary to gain and maintain resource depth and maturity to quickly and skillfully meet the support demands of the future.
• Maximize productivity by organizing resources to meet business demands and positioning the appropriate skill sets for maximum problem anticipation and resolution.
• Promote intra- and inter-departmental teamwork by focusing system consulting objectives to critical business issues.
• Continually improve the strength of the Supplylogix Strategic Account Management team through effective resource hiring, professional development and mentoring opportunities.
• Build and maintain a strong team by emphasizing teamwork and camaraderie, developing a depth of business understanding, encouraging role development and accountability growth.
Know the Supplylogix customers, educate others within Supplylogix and McKesson about the customers and advocate on their behalf to make sure the needs of these customers are understood and addressed appropriately to provide assistance with needs and future growth strategies.
• Seek opportunities to maximize product benefits by reengineering policies to incorporate key product features and functions.
• Capability to assist in resolution of discrepancies between user policies and software functionality through technical solutions or policy re-engineering.
Develop and maintain key customer relationships and promote and optimize client ownership through support of:
• Client accountability for system maintenance.
• Product support and troubleshooting.
• Supplylogix webinar and training opportunities to encourage use of new features and functionality.
Work proactively with sales, marketing, customer experience operations and upper management to identify, communicate, escalate and resolve critical client / project issues in a preemptive and timely manner.
3 years healthcare account management experience and demonstrated leadership skills
10 years of Healthcare Information Systems experience, experience with pharmacy information systems is highly preferred.
7 years Account Management experience
5 years managerial experience
10 years of demonstrated experience leading complex, multifaceted teams with various stakeholders.
Demonstrated financial acumen and business administration skills, including solid knowledge of financial operations.
Intermediate MS Excel and PowerPoint skills are essential
Additional Knowledge & Skills
Demonstrated leadership experience with the ability to quickly identify, analyze and evaluate problems and opportunities and recommend and implement potential solutions.
Outstanding communication skills: verbal, written and presentation skills. Able to communicate issues in a clear and articulate fashion while showing creativity and innovation in presenting ideas.
Collaboration and good negotiating skills are imperative to interface with partners, clients and horizontal departments.
Willing to take ownership and lead by example.
Process and metric oriented. Establishes methods to monitor progress at achieving objectives and capable of redirecting when things are not going as planned.
Positive, professional demeanor and presentation in all internal and client interactions
Pharmacy Account Management experience is highly preferred.
Six Sigma or Continuous Process Improvement experience preferred.
Bachelor’s degree required, Advanced Degree or Master’s degree preferred.
General Office Demands
Up to 30% travel
Benefits & Company Statement
We believe you should be rewarded for the important work you do. For that reason, you'll receive a competitive compensation and benefits package when you join our team.
It starts with you. That's a simple sentence but it says a lot. It reminds each one of us that what we do matters. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission - whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. By connecting and improving the business of healthcare, we're helping to ensure that millions of patients get the treatment they need. And by choosing a career with McKesson Pharmacy Systems & Automation, you'll join a team of passionate people working together to improve lives and advance healthcare.
At McKesson, we believe we can empower healthcare. And it all starts with you.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer - minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Job Family Title: Client Relationship Mgr 2
Job: Sales/Client Management
Organization: McKesson Rx Tech Solutions
Title: Sr Manager of Account Management, Supplylogix
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 18003764